Senior Software Developer in Test-Windows - SP&R
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco AMP engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment. The AMP team is a high performance group that are involved with all stages of the product development process from solving complex engineering problems to working directly with customers.
What You'll Do
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Cisco AMP engineering group to assure quality for the Advanced Malware Protection platform. The hired employee will be responsible for testing on Windows platform as well as operating within a cloud architecture in both a manual and automated fashion. The successful candidate will enjoy digging into customer-reported problems to reproduce, debug and understand them, and work with other engineers to define and verify the remedy. Furthermore, that person will be required to read technical documents, create test cases/test plans, contribute to overall design, and perform other tasks to improve software quality.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. You’re passionate about testing and enjoy collaborating in a team-based environment. You have fun learning new technologies and want to get to the bottom of things. You are someone who doesn’t give up when faced with complex problems.
- You have 8+ years experience in a software development or testing role
- You’re able to work independently when writing test cases, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- You have worked in a client/server architecture
- You have experience in collaborating with both technical engineers and non-technical customers
- You have good coding skill in automated testing using a scripted language (i.e. Ruby or Python)
- You have experience working with CICD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins)
- You are comfortable with a CLI (unix/linux/OSX is an asset)
- Experience in driver testing and debugging tools is an asset
- Experience in security-related environments is an asset
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!