Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Network
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
As SRE's at Meraki we are responsible for building the reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 8 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centers. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras. We’re passionate about using automation to raise the bar!
In this role you will join the Infrastructure SRE team that is based out of our offices in Sydney, San Francisco and London. The Infrastructure Site Reliability Engineering team's mission is to make Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) a reality at Cisco Meraki. This typically includes areas such as operating system, compute (virtualized or traditional bare metal servers), storage, security, networking, network & infrastructure support services, and the vendor management of our physical sites.
You will be responsible for design, development and operational aspects of the global network which supports our private cloud. We believe in automating manual tasks with the right tools. You will design, build and run automated network systems written in ruby. You will work closely with our existing vendors to coordinate all hands on work. In conjunction with advanced network fundamentals we embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and strive to build infrastructure as code whenever possible.
Example projects include:
- Design, implementation and management of an overlay network to support 1000’s of containers.
- Automated testing infrastructure to accelerate the velocity at which we can deploy changes.
- Developing monitoring tools that provide visibility into the performance and reliability of our network infrastructure.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years experience designing, deploying and operating mid to large network environments.
- Your interest spans beyond routers and switches, you enjoy solving end-to-end problems and have experience with protocols at all layers of the OSI model (ARP, DNS, HTTP, etc).
- Script or code with 1-2 languages like Ruby, Scala, Python or Bash. You are comfortable digging into other people’s source code in search of the root cause of a problem and you automate all the things.
- Have experience working on production systems where you responded to issues quickly to minimize customer downtime. This role requires being part of a workday on-call rotation.
- Believe in the Unix way. You build large systems out of small components that each do one job and do it well. We run Debian.
Bonus points for experience with: Network Security, BGP, OSPF, IPv6, TCP BBR, DMVPN, IPSec, MACSec, NMS, advanced Unix/Linux, system administration, scripting/Bash/Ruby/Python, project management experience, AWS/Azure, Docker, K8s, SDN/Openstack/Openflow, Ansible/Puppet/Chef, REST/SOAP APIs, TLS or Cloud/ISP/Telco exposure.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.