Senior Silicon Photonics Packaging Product Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
As a Senior Silicon Photonic Packaging Product Engineer, you'll be part of Cisco's multi-functional Silicon Photonics team that will be poised to lead the 100G-market transition and is well positioned to drive growth through innovation for Next Generation of product-lines. Through empowerment, you will play a meaningful role in a dynamic work environment to disrupt and influence the innovation of next generation silicon photonics wafer and chip level packaging and assembly designs.
Responsibilities include the following:
- You will be responsible for taking Silicon Photonics wafer & chip level packaging and assembly product from NPI to HVM release through an OSAT partner.
- You will work in collaboration with Engineering and Technology & Quality teams to set SYL/SBL & other statistical methods to characterize and optimize qualified optical packaging assembly processes, make decisions on creative changes to improve yields and product quality
- You'll work in cooperation with Technology & Quality team to support new OSAT supplier engagement and introduction of new optical packaging product technology
- You will drive the characterization of NPI product performances and yield including benchmark correlation to meet and/or exceed product cost targets
- You will work in cooperation with Engineering and Technology & Quality teams to drive DFx for optical packaging design and assembly.
- You have experience in creating designed experiments to map device performance as a function of epitaxial structure and fabrication parameter space
- You will be responsible for reviewing and monitoring ETest/WAT data to actively drive resolution to critical yield issues
- You will team up with Design & Test Engineering teams to stabilize and improve product screening at wafer-probe and package level testing.
Who You'll Work With
Product Operations is the organization that enables and accelerates innovation to craft an unrivaled customer experience & competitive advantage for Cisco through end-to-end Operations leadership and Product Lifecycle Management. In this role, you will be a key Product Operations team member specifically supporting the Transceiver Module Group
You will be a member of the product engineering team that partners with a multi-functional team of engineers (Design, Technology & Quality, Test, and OSAT's) to develop, qualify, and release silicon photonics wafer & chip level packaging product to manufacturing.
Who You Are
You're a self-motivated, action and result oriented strong technical leader who encourages creativity and new ways of thinking to deliver creative solutions. You thrive to earn the trust of partners and team members by making impactful decisions to deliver significant result.
- MS minimum/PhD preferred degree in Electrical Engineering, physics or material science or equivalent educational background
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in chip on wafer (CoW) and CoC (Chip on Chip) wafer processing and assembly processes resulting in quantifiable improvements in quality, yield, & cost.
- Proven track record of transitioning products from NPI to High volume production through an OSAT supplier.
- Experience of various wafer processing and flip chip assembly equipment.
- Expert with complex data analytics using JMP, Galaxy, dataPower, or other semiconductor yield tools.
- Self-motivated, action focused, and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely summarize engineering findings to a management audience.
- Experience of manufacturing process, related to semiconductor assembly and optical module manufacturing
- Experience with Cu micro bump processing and flip chip assemblies and TSV technologies
- Experience with design of experiment methods and optical metrology solutions for flip chip assembly
- Experience with post CMOS back end assembly and packaging process
- Experience working with big data and necessary statistical analysis tools and the ability to present the data and ideas to stakeholders
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco