Senior Silicon One Software Application Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Application Engineering team focused on creating, developing, using and testing software to accelerate development and validation of chipsets used across Cisco routing and switching platforms.
Moreover, this job will include direct interactions with the customer to solve their issues and in parallel showcase the best of Silicon One.
Who You'll Work With:
Our team contributes to products that generate multi-billion in revenue for the company. You will work with diverse and experienced teams across Marketing, Systems and SW to develop networking software and chipsets that innovate and leapfrog the industry.
Who You Are
You have experience on making complex networking systems comprising of both hardware and software to work flawlessly. You are not afraid to dive into new technologies and to grow your skills on the job to accelerate product development.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE or related engineering discipline
- Strong software design skills using C/C++ with Object Oriented programming
- Experience with networking protocols in areas of Ethernet, IP and multicast
- Familiar with all elements of software development process
- Familar with hardware used in Embedded systems
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills in C++ and Python
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking risks to build the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with extraordinary personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.