Senior Signal Integrity Engineer 8+ Years
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Who You'll Work With
- The Business Entity: Cisco seeks a Hardware / Optical Design and Validation Engineer with specialized knowledge in High Speed Design (HSD).
- The candidate will be responsible for design and validation of high speed SERDES interfaces.
- The Team: This group works on present and next-generation products supporting a number of different business units and development sites in the US and India within Cisco CHG.
- Projects span the range from high volume, cost-sensitive systems to the latest high-technology, high-complexity applications.
Who You Are
- Contribute in Cisco Signal Integrity Team that support next generation Access and Service provide routers
- Responsible for delivering system level signal integrity solutions for large complex high speed systems, boards & packages
- Develop SI rules, review design implementation, create test plans, document characterization & measurement reports
- Improve & optimize design margins through interconnect, timing & xtalk analysis, 3D EM & channel simulations for high speed designs
- Design & characterize test structures & channel models to correlate simulations & measurements for serdes & interconnects
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams such as HW designers, layout Engineers, SW Engineers, MFG Engineers and ASIC Engineers.
- Electrical characterization to verify or find out Host Transmitter/Receiver SERDES settings to meet the Industry standards and cisco requirements.
- Optical Testing that covers physical layer telecom compliance testing which includes measurement of Standard and cisco specific optical parameters
- Knowledge of Electromagnetics & Transmission line concepts, reflection & terminations, timing & jitter, crosstalk & noise, channel modelling & serdes equalizations, PDN & decoupling
- Experience with 112G, 56G PAM4, 25G & 10G NRZ serdes technologies - simulation, bring up, debug, measurements and optimization
- Familiarity with PCB stack up design, standard methodologies, trade-offs in line geometries, PCB materials & surface finishes, vendor capabilities & Mfg process.
- Exposure to lab measurements including real time scope, sampling scope, Spectrum analyzer, VNA & TDR
- Proficient with simulation and analysis tools like ADS, HFSS, HSPICE, Sisoft QSI, QCD, Cadence Allegro, PowerSI, MATLAB, Hyperlynx
- Experience with common SI simulation models such as IBIS, IBIS-AMI, S-parameter, COM analysis, etc
- Able to interpret JEDEC, PCI-SIG, IEEE,OIF, ITU standards and Cisco Specs for Cisco products & development
- Standout colleague, Technical knowledge sharing & mentoring with in the team, demonstrate standard methodologies, focus on quality & continuous improvement
- Self-learner, Strong problem solving, board & system level lab bring up, debugging & characterization skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, capable of presenting concepts, analysis & updates to larger teams and forums
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.