Senior Security Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
You are a technical leader who will drive our security programs and be creative to make security invisible to our clients, partners and peers. You will architect, design, implement and operationalize security controls and its capabilities. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to build security capabilities roadmap, planning and executing the roadmap.
- Security posture of Cloud and Infrastructure services. You would build security validation automation and do penetration testing when needed.
- Partnering with Service Managers to develop and launch their secure offerings; develop Threat models and Architecture reviews of the systems.
- Provide leadership in driving the accelerated remediation of critical vulnerabilities.
- Participate and interact with senior management in Fiscal planning, quarterly readouts etc.
- Drive Customer zero projects from technology perspective.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be a part of a diverse, geographically dispersed team who are passionate about “security everywhere but invisible”. Our team takes pride in delivering faster, better, economical and secure offerings.
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
- We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
- We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
- We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes. Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today!
Who You Are
Your leaders, clients and partners consider you as an inspiring leader focused on outcomes. Your superb interpersonal skills and concise communication will be key to making an impact and driving multi-functional security initiatives.
Our minimum requirements include:
- Typically requires B.S./M.S. in Engineering or Computer Science
- 15-20 years of IT experience as well as 5 or more of Information security experience architecting, implementing and operationalizing security capabilities.
- Excellent automation skills (puppet, ansible, etc.); programming experience in python.
- Experience with penetration testing
- Deep understanding of scale-out software architectures for on-premises and cloud hosted environments across all layers (infrastructure, security, compliance, operations, service support, integration architecture, Service Provider/Enterprise IT architectures, and software lifecycle management)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering enterprise-wide solutions
- Deep knowledge in applying AI/ML technologies in making security simple and invisible would be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including technical influencing, conflict management, negotiation, public presenting
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #GIS #SDx