Senior Salesforce Engineer
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Are you looking for an inspiring and positive company? Are you wanting to work with smart, creative and collaborative colleagues? At Cisco Meraki, we’re on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history (and certainly the most fun). Our office makes working here pretty special too – located in the heights of central London with an outstanding view of the city skyline, we’re a short walk away from bustling areas like Shoreditch and Liverpool street.
We offer privately catered lunches every single day plus you can help yourself free of charge to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, to salads, salamis and cheese. If you’re looking for a company that really commits, how about our complimentary weekly yoga classes, sports societies, games room, or organised family days so you can bring your children into work? But what truly makes Meraki special is the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. The Business Systems group is a rapidly growing engineering organisation that focuses on building internal business systems to make Meraki employees more efficient.
As an Engineer within Business Systems, you provide delightful experiences to our business users by providing front-end and back-end applications. You are comfortable jumping to and from different programming languages and building APIs in between. You help design features for what's best for the business.
Get in early as we start to extend our team into London!
- Supporting the Salesforce Sales platform developing and maintaining classes, triggers, and automated processes
- Work with business analysts, QA, and production support teams to communicate, verify, test, and deploy the desired functional changes.
- Contribute to improvement to our CI/CD process, to plan simpler and cleaner deployments
- Refine business requirements with Technical Project Managers and stakeholders
- Mentor junior engineers and systems analysts in creative architectural designs
- Solution design/architect for projects
You are an excellent candidate if:
- You have 7 years experience developing systems for large-scale business operations environments; 4+ years in the Salesforce development stack
- You have experience building rapidly growing systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt
- You are never satisfied by just seeing something work. Your curiosity drives you to peek behind the curtain to gain a deeper understanding of what’s going on and continuously improve
- You are experienced with a variety of tools that help you understand and debug large, complex distributed systems including sales, marketing, ops, and finance systems
- You have the ability to quickly adapt to changing situations, a flexible attitude and previous experience working with global teams across various time zones!
- You have a BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Migrating Salesforce applications from Classic to Lightning.
- Develop applications to bridge on-premises services with cloud-based platforms
- Recommend and implement a solution for a more robust forecasting model
- Assist in building a solid CI/CD pipeline for our Salesforce code & metadata
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Leading development projects using an Agile Methodology
- Experience with DevOps scripting for continuous deployment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.