Senior SaaS Operations Engineer (5 - 14 Years)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
CXProdOps - Senior SaaS Operations Engineer
Who You Are
- analyzing complex and/or sensitive events detected in applications which are hosted in Cloud(AWS) environments and either resolving or escalating to next level to restore the services.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment and attention to detail are key. Familiarity with Could hosted application support and DB backup & restore activities, as is previous experience working in incident and problem management. Position requires collaboration with other team members in engineering and product management teams.
- self-motivated individual who is dedicated to exceeding expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts and possess strong communication skills, in addition to possessing the following technical abilities:
- Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in working in complex environment supporting various platform capabilities on cloud for customer facing applications.
- Experience scripting in one (1) or more of the following languages: shell, perl, and/or python. Software programming experience in compiled languages is also desired
- A detailed understanding of the common technologies found in enterprise IT environments including datacenter and Internet edge technologies
- Experience in managing Customer relationships
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Good Interpersonal Communication Skills and you are willing to work with remote teams.
- Efficient and Creative: You should be able to think creatively to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Always should be ready to learn new technology, tools and process.
What you’ll do:
- Analyzing complex and/or sensitive events detected in Cloud(AWS) environments
- Providing proactive & reactive technical support, second line phone/email consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
- Provide guidance to SaaSOps & SecOps engineers and be the go-to person for all critical issues.
- Ability to work independently, as the position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Responsible to perform a number of activities on a daily basis and will be involved in the day to day activities in cloud management.
- Provide 24X7 escalation support for all P1/P2 application related issues
- Resources should be flexible to work with different time zone teams and also during the weekend depending upon the support schedule
- Monitoring performance and availability of the applications on the AWS platform
- Optimization of the environment for ensuring maximum performance
- Creating backups for different AWS services,DB’s and applications
- Identifying the performance of bottlenecks and implementing the remedies
- Managing disaster recovery processes and procedures for backups
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent timely communication.
- Drive department best practices, guidelines implementation and adhering to standards.
- Experience building and maintaining ITIL methodology.
- Contribute to documentation to build knowledge base.
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Good understanding of Applications leveraging Java/j2ee, Spring, Python, Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices
- Experience on Distributed technologies.
- Strong working experience with cloud infra and application support.
- Experience in ELK Clusters Infrastructure design and operations (Having ELK certification will be plus)
- Good understanding with AWS technologies & AWS Monitoring capabilities (API GW, Route53, ACM , RDS/AWSAurora, ElasticCache, EKS, AWS Cloudwatch)
- Linux shell scripting.
- Proven experience in Agile environments.
- Expert level understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite
Good to have
- AWS Cloud watch Events
- AWS Solution Architect Associate certification.
- ELK, CKE Certifications
Who you'll work with:
- The CX SaaS & SoC Operations, part of the CX Engineering seeks a highly motivated Senior Platform Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in supporting the platform and CX Applications that are being built and planned. You will work with the CX Applications and CX Platform team to make sure we provide world class Support for best Customer Experience. This is a critical role that requires us to work with various other organizations outside of CX.
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unrivaled, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
- But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.