Senior SDWAN Software Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Senior Software Development Engineer – Enterprise Routing – Shanghai
IBN (Intent-based networking) transforms a hardware-centric, manual network into a controller-led network that captures business intent and translates it into policies that can be automated and applied consistently across the network. Cisco Intent-Based Networking Group (IBNG) develops software across the routing, switch and wireless platform portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform networking through cutting-edge solutions that will change the way IT is consumed. This means your work will transform our customers' consumption of our systems from every angle.
IBNG enterprise-routing team in Cisco China R&D Center (CRDC) is responsible for routing features development on Cisco enterprise routing platforms with combined multi-billion dollar revenues.
Design and develop Cisco ASR1K/CSR1Kv/ISR4K/Catalyst8k's forwarding infra and services including Software Defined WAN(SD-WAN), Application Visibility & Control (AVC), Policy & Performance Routing, QoS, MPLS-VPN & Segment Routing, multicast/BIER & VPN, IP tunnels & IPSec VPN etc.
- Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features on Cisco enterprise routing platforms with high quality standard
- Day to day activities will involve crafting new features, understanding features in an ambitious product, and proposing solutions. You will also be writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, and helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your features.
- Support customer queries, escalations, and issues, to keep high customer satisfaction.
- Strong C/C++ programming experience on Linux. Development experience on embedded system is helpful.
- Experience on TCP/IP network and protocols
- Experience on Linux OS
- Knowledge of virtualization and container technologies such as Docker, KVM, Vmware is a plus.
- Knowledge of network orchestration & SDN Controller technologies such as Openstack, Open Daylight etc. is a plus.
- Experience on Cisco IOS and Cisco certifications will be a plus
- Good English and Chinese communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Typically requires MSEE/CS/Automation Control or related majors.
- Prefer Master background;