Senior Research & Efficacy Analyst, AMP
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Do you find yourself asking questions about endpoint security and coming up with potential solutions and want to prove them on a large scale? This position allows you the ability to conduct research into the attack landscape of endpoint security and apply your findings to the development of engines which will seek to protect a variety of companies under the protection of Cisco products.
Who You Are
- You have 8 or more years in security research or related roles
- Have knowledge of operating system internals including Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- Prior knowledge or experience with Malware detection or remediation
- Have the ability to read and comprehend packet captures
- Ability and prior experiencing in writing and validation of threat signatures (Snort, Yara, Clam, OpenIOC)
- Have scripting or programming experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical issues
- Incident response experience
- Network Engineering or Analysis experience.
- Process development & Documentation experience
- Reverse Engineering and experience with IDA Pro, WinDbg, OllyDbg
- Data Mining and interpretation skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!