Senior Release Program Manager
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is a market leader in security products and technologies that includes ASA Firewall, Next Gen Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Sensor, Email and Web Security Appliances. Cisco's Security Business currently at 2 Billion USD revenue annually from its products and services is growing at fast pace.
Who You Are
As a Release Program Manager in the Cloud and Network Security (CNS) team, you’ll be working closely with a diverse and global team of software and product management leaders.
You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while taking the time to build relationships and drive consensus. You are curious and seek to understand across a broad spectrum, ranging from technical tradeoffs to business drivers and your team members perspectives and challenges.
You are courageous and call out issues you see, collaborating to find solutions. You are self-driven and drive issues to closure, willing to roll up your sleeves when needed.
You are process-oriented, constantly driving to make things better. You are typically the most organized person in the room, and coupled with your communication skills, you excel at bringing people together in a shared understanding.
· Support, track and manage complex release planning and execution, ensuring issues are identified and addressed early.
· Use tools to manage quality and drive execution fidelity across a large team.
· Identify and implement improvements to improve the effectiveness of the diverse team.
· Lead program gates to ensure compliance, alignment, and executive visibility
· Analyze metrics at each stage of the program and drive the program effectively
· Ensure clear communication of status, roadblocks and needs of the team, as well as recognizing and celebrating successes
· Represent the team at a variety of forums to provide status and visibility on the programs
· Resolve conflicts by focusing on shared purpose and mutual understanding
· Drive retrospectives and measurable process improvement efforts
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
· 10+ years meaningful experience in networking/technology industry, with 6+ years in a Program Management or Release Management position and a demonstrated history and ability to take a leadership role in managing programs.
· Ability to understand, discuss / communicate technical concepts, with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with and influence team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community environment
· Must have strong co-ordination and facilitation skills and be willing to work with geo-distributed teams
· Comfortable interpreting data to translate and present as business insights.
· Experience with defect tracking applications like JIRA and business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!