Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (1379726)
Location:Carlsbad, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
The suitable applicant will be joining the company at a significant point in its growth and scaling of operational activities. The quality assurance engineer will be actively involved in supporting activities related to the development and implementation of an effective Quality Management System for operations. They will be directly involved in the tactical execution and sustaining of elements of that system, such as NPI and Data analysis as well as overseeing the wider execution of the system across the full supply chain to support the business growth
The scope of the job encompasses but is not limited to the following areas:
- Enhancement of the quality system across the full supply chain with a supporting prioritized deployment plan based on critical system gaps identified by Cisco core
- Drive more effective use of the 8D data to improve the local processes in both NPI and sustaining areas
- Driving continuous improvement with respect to process and/or product is conducted in accordance with agreed engineering change order (ECO) controls and where necessary Product Change Notification (PCN) managed as it relates to customers, suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Effectively collect process data, analyze, develop and deploy systems to establish production KPI\CP\CPK’s
- Conduct internal audits to review results and drive continuous improvement and in addition drive suppliers to perform ongoing auditing and submitting those results for periodic review.
- Support Incoming/Outgoing inspection areas with respect to technical issues and problem solving or coordination of same
- Knowledge of FMEA’s, Control Plans, factory process transfers to contract manufacturer with a view to quality controls and compliance to defined attributes
- Assist in refining the current calibration system and establish an audit to compliance in support of same
- Be responsible for compliance / accurate of all BoM items for released products being built in house and at contract manufacturer
- Establishing a Supplier Quality management program that includes selection, monitoring (incoming inspection, reports etc.) and ongoing improvement activities
- Generating supplier metrics and interacting with key suppliers to address issues as well as improvement activities
- Review NCMR and SCAR trends, follow-up corrective actions and closure
- Participate in the development and implementation of SOP. Generate and update inspection procedures, control plans, work instructions and forms as needed
- Train new and tenured inspectors. Communicate changes to inspectors that affect inspection procedures/QA documents
- Support ISO9001 certification and TUV audits
- Promotes and observes safety and the safe use of machines, tools and materials.
Job experience/ Education/ Core skills:
- 5+ years of related experience in the Semiconductor or Electronic industries
- Broad background in technical quality engineering roles in a semiconductor\optics industry
- Bachelor of Science in Quality/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Supplier quality engineering experience in an outsourced model. Ideally in the context of an overall Quality Systems approach
- Familiar with best known practices of driving continuous improvement
- Strong communications and interface skills to support influencing cross functional activities and external customers/suppliers
- Able to work with minimal supervision once given direction to accomplish tasks and objectives
- Solid problem-solving skills and proactive decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of how a manufacturing environment operates and what is required to establish process controls that are effective
- Hands on approach to identify areas that require improvement and the ability to work with the responsible principal owners to perform root cause analysis, recommend Corrective Action(s) and then verify that the corrective actions have indeed resolved the issue and improved the process.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma approach and methods
- Proficient in using MSOffice software such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Proficient in Statistics, using JMP or equivalent tools
- Ability to provide cross-shift support and interaction in split shift arrangement as needed
- Control Plans, FMEA, AQL, Attributes, Sampling, Production flows, Cleanroom, CCB, MRB, NCMR, 6S, Kaizen, Quality Metrics, JMP, MathLab, DPPM, IPC, 8D, RMA, FAI, OCAP, ESD, ISO9001
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make get us out of bed every morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.