Senior QA Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
- Design high level test approaches and detailed test plans
- Automate and executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Work with development team to analyze and root cause failures
- File defects and feature enhancements, tracking them to closure; Engage with users to discover major problem areas
- Authoring test plans, test design and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. You must have extensive experience testing a 'distributed systems' product (file systems, storage systems, operating systems, or networking). The ability to lead projects, test plan reviews, and mentor junior level team members.
Who You'll Work With
As a Senior QA test engineer, you will interact with other QA Engineers, Dev engineers, Support and Product Management stake holders. You will also be interacting with customers and partners to understand their use cases and requests and be their champion within the Engineering organization.
Who You Are
- Strong on networked storage, protocol testing background
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Experience developing automated tests in one or more of following programming languages: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java.
- Experience with integrating automation test frameworks such as Jenkins
- The ability to debug and extend automated tests
- Strong systems administration experience in Linux and/or Windows enviornment
An understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked file systems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Shared LUNs
- Experience and good understanding of Hypervisors such as ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 or more years of Software QA experience
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.