Senior QA Engineer
Location:Alpharetta, Georgia, US
Additional Location(s)Austin, TX
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Software Development, Testing
The Business Entity
Stealthwatch is a leading provider of network visibility and security intelligence to protect enterprises against today’s top threats. By analyzing NetFlow, IPFIX and other types of network telemetry, our Stealthwatch System delivers Context-Aware Security Analytics to quickly detect a wide range of attacks from APTs and DDoS to zero-day malware and insider threats. Combining continuous lateral monitoring across enterprise networks with user, device and application awareness, we accelerate incident response, improve forensic investigations and reduce enterprise risk. Our security capabilities are continuously enhanced with threat intelligence from the Stealthwatch Labs research team.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for testing a Network Security product.
The role of the Test Engineer is to design and execute Test Plans and Test Cases that help to ensure that the organization delivers a high-quality product to the customer. Experience in test case automation is essential. The Test Engineer will be part of an Agile software development team and must have a basic understanding of the Agile software development methodologies. The Test Engineer is expected to be an advocate for the customer and to provide an assessment of software performance and quality, based on test results.
Role & Responsibilities
● Integrating testing work and tasks to story breakdown
● Ability to automate test cases or partner with other team members on automation plan
● Work with QA leadership and other QA team members to create and enforce quality standards
● Developing and executing Feature, Integration, System, and Performance test cases
● Ability to derive quality metrics from the development environment
● Education –B.S. or M.S. Degree in a computer-related discipline; or the equivalent in professional software development experience
● Experience – 9 years of related experience with B.S. Degree; or 7 years with M.S. Degree; or 12 years of professional software development experience
● Experience using Performance/Load Testing Tools (e.g. Ixia, TeraVM)
● Experience working in test environments that require networking and TCP/IP skills
● Experience working with Hypervisor and Linux OS
● Experience architecting, executing, and automating testing using Ruby or Python programming languages.
● Experience with Cisco network products: Stealthwatch, ISE, switches, routers, firewalls
● Cisco CCNA
● Certified Software Quality Engineer
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.