Senior QA Engineer Feature Automation 1259533
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for software engineering and technology visionaries to join the DNA platform team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
What You'll Do
Understand complex customer network deployments, developing system and scale test scenarios to exercise and validate the system behavior of our solution. Design and implement network topologies in the lab to support execution of the system and scale test scenrios.
Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant automation code base.
Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, code review and tech talk.
Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell.
Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
Who You Are
We are looking for strong, talented and energetic engineers with following skills
- 10+ year’s system and scale test experience in a technology-based company with 4+ years focused on network and cloud environments and their supporting infrastructures
- Experience in testing on-premise and cloud-native scaled out and distributed applications that leverage micro service architecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL stores, some level of networking and system expertise, strong tooling, monitoring, and cloud management experience
- Strong experience working in small, highly technical teams employing Agile/Scrum practices
- Demonstrated exposure to Open Source software and contributions to the Open Source community.
- Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies
- Proven ability to influence a diverse geographically dispersed group of individuals to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive design and implementation discussions driving towards results
- Strong knowledge of key infrastructure technologies such as: software automation, Networking (LAN, WAN), Platform, continuous delivery solutions (AWS, Azure, Google) and Storage Technologies (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, SAN)
- Hands-on experience with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of:
- Core Java 8, Spring framework, Go and Python programming and Linux Bash Scripting.
- Enterprise solution running on premise and Cloud (Saas)
- Hardware Optimization and performance profiling
- MariaDB, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic search
- RabbitMQ, Kafka
- AWS Web, Azure and Google Cloud Services,
- API gateway
- Linux, Unix systems, Docker and Kubernete
- Good knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write manifests and templates in Puppet or Chef or Ansible.
- CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Fortify etc.).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling solutions to business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working in agile teams.
- Ability to work with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities.
- Continuously drive system test and automation efficiencies aligned with the development standards
- Provide leadership and expertise in the design of new products, services and processes.
- Recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes.
- Lead in the development system and scale test automation
- Identify gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solution and provide technical recommendations.
At Cisco, each person brings their unrival talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.