Senior Public Relations Manager, Government Affairs
Location:Washington DC, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose, CA, Virginia, Maryland, DC area
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
What You'll Do
As the Sr. Public Relations Manager, Government Affairs, you will help execute communications plans to enhance brand reputation amongst key audiences and support the Government Relations team in day to day management of its priorities in a rapidly changing environment. You will plan, oversee, and execute the activities in the areas of media outreach, events, message development, issue management, influencer engagement, policy communications and thought leadership. You will work with key internal (ie owner-operators, Corporate Relations leadership) and external stakeholders (media, trade and associations, legislative consultants, elected officials and other industry professionals).
Who You'll Work With
We are a team of more than 75 best-in-class Global Corporate Communications professionals. The PR team is responsible for leading Cisco’s corporate, technology and go-to-market PR programs, as well as crafting and delivering clear and compelling narratives that grab the attention of media influencers.
You will partner with a virtual team of communicators who are passionate about this important chapter of our story.
You possess a unique combination of communications skills, excellent executive presence, an insatiable curiosity for finding stories (wherever they may be hiding), and of course, an aptitude for storytelling across multiple communication channels and media.
Who You Are
You will be an ambassador for the Cisco Brand, possess significant political acumen, and have very strong writing and project management skills. You'll use your presentation and relationship-development skills to reach, engage and communicate with a variety of audiences. You will report to the Vice President, Public Relations and will be a member of the Corporate Relations team.
- You possess 10+ years of Public Relations management experience
- You have 5+ years of PR experience supporting specifically Government Affairs
- You gained a Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing or related field
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!