Senior Project Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnyway, US West Coast
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What you’ll do
The Inclusive Future Action Office (IFAO)
Supporting Action owners in driving measurable and meaningful impact towards Cisco’s purpose: powering an Inclusive Future for all. The IFAO will initially focus our efforts on strengthening Cisco’s Social Justice Action plans
As a Senior Project Manager, you will work with the IFAO Leader to drive the Action Office process and work directly with Action workstream leads to ensure delivery of impact and communication of that impact; share learnings to inform broader Cisco diversity, inclusion, and collaboration efforts.
Who you’ll work with
Inclusive Future & Strategy is responsible for designing Cisco’s next horizon people strategy to deliver on the company’s commitment to power an inclusive future for all.
Our Inclusive Future Action Office (IFAO) will convene teams to set and execute on actions in service of our aspiration to power an inclusive future for all. The Action Office will provide governance and the operating model to ensure consistent execution over multiple years for all of our actions. The IFAO will house future IFS Initiatives, in addition to the Social Justice Actions that are currently established.
Who You Are?
- Deep interest in driving inclusion across the full spectrum of diversity, specifically focused on delivering equity of experience in the workplace.
- Passionate about enabling the skills needed to drive inclusion at the point of decision-making.
- Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Standout colleague; ability to interface and build relationships at all levels.
- Creative thinking, flexibility, and versatility
- Objectivity and a high-level perspective
- Ability to work across functional, geographic, and cultural boundaries
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- A strong sense of ownership, initiative, and empowerment
Role & Responsibilities
- This position will report to the Sr. Director, Inclusive Future Action Office.
- Bring to bear technical & program management skills to build comprehensive project plans, identify risks and dependencies, and report on smooth, timely execution of actions outlined by the IFAO
- Manage agile tracking/delivery tools and communicate plans to multiple action owners
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting, ensuring quality content and accuracy
- Define success metrics for the IFAO, socialize program / project success metrics with the internal team and external stakeholders; evaluate project progress and results against success metric
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the IFAO, including identifying resources needed, assigning individual responsibilities
- Escalate any project or stakeholder issues in a timely manner, with suggestions of opportunities for course correction
- Provide oversight for any new actions, ensuring high quality and consistency
- Prepare for engagement reviews and drive quality assurance procedures for all Actions
- Ensure IFAO project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Inspire Action owners to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Build a knowledge base of each Action owner’s organization and objectives
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent training preferred with a background in managing large projects
- Demonstrated experience in supporting cross-functional and inclusive teams.
- 7+ years of applicable project management experience
- · Challenged by fast paced environments and the resultant need for prioritization and multitasking
- · SharePoint, social media, content creation skills.
- · Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel and social media platforms.
- · Solid organizational skills, ability to focus and make progress towards both short term goals and long-term objectives of IFS team.
- · Willingness to grow with the team and tackle administrative tasks as required
- · Strong oral and written presentation skills to communicate with program stakeholders at all levels.
- · Highly organized with excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail, and a track record of work deadlines
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.