Senior Product Owner
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
The Cisco Advanced Threat engineering team is looking for a strong and collaborative Product Owner with energy and enthusiasm in the security space. You'll be a key player in leading our engineering efforts to build a new cloud-based product that further extends the overall Cisco Security portfolio vision and strategy. The new team member will play a significant role in delivering high-quality security solutions by collaborating with key stakeholders and the development teams. You will seek to understand the problems faced by our customers, validate solutions, and focus on delivering excellent outcomes. You will help plan and estimate features and integrations with a focus on simplicity, ease of use, and overall delight. You will look to apply lean startup principles to validate the growth and value potential in all that we do.
Who You'll Work With
As a Product Owner, you will be a core member of a team composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in dynamic and technically challenging environments. Our team is a highly performant group that has successfully delivered multiple enterprise-grade products and are involved in all stages of product life cycle from conception to development, go-to-market, and ongoing support of our customers. In this highly visible role, you will collaborate with our customers, internal stakeholders and delivery teams to analyze market problems and build prioritized backlogs. Partner with engineering teams to define, design and deliver innovative security solutions. You will also be helping coordinate product strategy, release timelines, and product quality. You will follow our solutions to our customers and will work with the people and departments on the way to ensure success.
Who You Are
- You can build collaborative relationships and operating models with Product Managers to deliver on the organization’s product vision and strategy
- You have experience analyzing and breaking down business problems into deliverable increments that align with the vision and strategy
- You can work with one or more teams to delivery timely, quality releases that provide high business value and exceed customer expectations.
- You have strong experience with Agile principles and can drive our engineering and process improvement efforts utilizing Agile/Lean Processes
- You are experienced in facilitating and breaking down problems in cases where the requirements gathering becomes complex
- You have experience partnering with internal and external stakeholders to define and execute comprehensive plans for customer feedback (Alpha, Beta, etc)
- You have developed prioritized product backlogs by writing user stories and defining priorities for the development team
- You work with your team to understand the mission and believe that deep team ownership results in better success
- You can appreciate feedback from your team members and factor that into the backlog to get the best outcomes for our customers
- You possess an inner level of confidence that allows you to lead some days and follow on others based on what is needed for the desired outcomes
- Have the ability to coordinate activities with other departments such as Operations, Customer Support and Sales Engineering to deliver new product functionality and serve as the product subject matter expert
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or Product Manager designing or developing software
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean software environment
- Experience in leading process improvement efforts
- Understanding of design thinking principles
- Demonstrates initiative and competence; supports and encourages positive working behaviors in others
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!