Senior Product Marketing Manager - Duo Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRemote - US or Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. As a part of Cisco our mission is to protect the mission of our customers by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM), you will play a meaningful role in developing and executing a marketing strategy that includes messaging, differentiated positioning, market intelligence, sales enablement, and go to market efforts. This position is encouraged to collaborate with various partners from product management, marketing, sales, sales engineering, customer success and the management team on a regular basis. This is a highly visible role in the company and has the potential to make a significant impact to the business objectives of Cisco. This role requires security expertise, excellent writing skills, business and marketing savvy, and close collaboration with cross functional teams across Duo and Cisco Security Business Group.
- Driving interdisciplinary activities from the product concept to production and launch for comprehensive product portfolio ensuring successful product launches based on corporate priorities
- Be the expert on the key capabilities, differentiators, benefits and use cases for target customer segments. Acting as a product advocate for specific products, including training and public speaking
- Develop compelling messaging, product literature, website, competitive positioning, customer presentations and event presentations. Crafting compelling audience-specific messages and tools.
- Deliver content, assets and tools including blog posts, whitepapers, presentations, demos, videos, social assets, webinars, and other market-facing materials.
- Work closely across marketing teams to develop demand gen and awareness campaigns.
- Understand sales/channel requirements and communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of the products.
- Monitoring market trends and competitive landscape. Regularly evaluating competitive capabilities and technologies to understand features, pricing, positioning, and packaging.
- Serve as a thought leader as needed with a variety of audiences including customers, analysts, field and partner teams driving a deeper understanding of our value proposition and our differentiation.
You should apply if you possess any of the following skills/qualities/abilities:
- Big passion for cyber-security and for building high-impact marketing materials and campaigns. Proficient in persona-based B2B marketing strategies.
- You have strong written, verbal, editing and presentation skills. Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability. (be prepared to provide samples of your work)
- You are driven, proactive, and willing to go the distance to deliver on our marketing initiatives.
- You have high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- You possess the ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions
- You have excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact outcomes in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- You are a team player that can operate without close supervision, including working in remote locations. Conduct detailed reporting of timelines and tasks progress and completion
- Willingness to travel. Visiting customers, prospects, and partners may be required from time to time.
You are expected to have:
- 5+ years of experience in roles such as marketing, sales, evangelism, or product management within the information technology industry, information security preferred
- 7+ years of product management and/or product marketing experience in information security and/or enterprise IT. Specific experience in authentication and access management a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills. Experience in public speaking.
- Solid understanding of technology fundamentals and current trends (BYOD, mobile, social, consumerization of IT, cloud, etc.)
We prefer but not require you have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Field, Marketing or related experience
- MBA preferred (or equivalent in related work experience)
- Direct experience in enterprise IT security as a practitioner or vendor
- Experience in high growth companies and startups
We want you to:
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Have a good balance with work, fun and personal life
- Be comfortable with change
- Prefer diving into the deep end and trying something new
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.