Senior Product Manager, Security
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSecurity
The Security Business Group is a critical contributor to Cisco’s overall growth and comprises a breadth of offerings covering many of our customer’s evolving protection need. Buying Program have grown to be a significant part of overall Security Business and program capabilities need to be updated to support this growth. We are looking for a Product Manager to drive and continue Buying Program success.
What You’ll Do
You will manage the current programs with three primary areas of focus.
- Strategic work to ensure program rules and operational capabilities are requested to drive adoption of enterprise agreement.
- Program Lifecycle Management – as the products in Buying Program evolve, there’s continued need to update existing offers.
- “Deals Desk” related – mange through exception requests to the Enterprise Agreement program rules. Engage in active dialog with sales. Work with finance and BU PMs to close business.
- Manage current programs and bring subscription offers to Buying Program portfolio.
- Work closely with SBG Product Management for each product sold through Buying Programs. This means understanding how each of the products are licensed and metered, defining appropriate program rules to meet the various business requirements and maintaining the programs as each of the offers evolve.
- Cross functional engagement with finance, sales, and operations to drive active deals and manage deal exceptions and discounting issues. Provide post sales critical issue support.
- Improve platforms, policies, and workflows that support the program by working closely with cross functional teams.
- Engage CX to develop service offerings that can be sold alongside the programs and that provide the necessary support for customers to adopt and fully utilize these strategic investments.
- Develop and Maintain the necessary collateral to support the field and channel in positioning, selling and growing program investment by customers.
- Experience in Product Management with 5+ years
- MBA preferred
- Proven leadership skills, take products from requirement to market and work with cross functional teams
- Capability to deliver results in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with pricing and packaging for both SaaS and Subscription software models
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Security applications
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!