Senior Product Manager – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) - CNS
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Alternate LocationSan Jose, CA / Vancouver, BC
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Product Manager – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture. Working at Cisco on the Cloud Security team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research and unrivaled products and services.
What we do
In Cisco Cloud Security we are building on our success in the DNS security and Secure Web Gateway markets to create outcome-based offers for Secure Network-as-a-Service that work for any branch or any remote worker. This is at the core of Cisco’s strategy to lead in providing Secure Network as a Service to our customers and lead in the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) space. We are partnering with Cisco networking business units to create a unified offer that is easy to deploy and simple to manage. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a strategic initiative within Cisco that will drive our overall transformation to as-a-service offers.
What you’ll do
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to drive Cisco’s strategy and product development for Secure Network as a Service offers as part of Cisco’s Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) / Network as a Service (NaaS). You’ll have the opportunity to directly drive the evolution of the security and networking industries, fundamentally changing how workers and IT administrators do their jobs and consume security technologies.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Define and prioritize core use cases, informed by ongoing customer and competitive research & sales insights
- Drive product planning with engineering, be responsible for product prioritization
- Own a phased product delivery roadmap, from initial proofs of concept through to general availability, incorporating learnings from each stage in the next
- Partner with our UX team to build a product experience that is simple to deploy and easy to manage
- Evangelize the product strategy internally (e.g., with sales, engineering, other product orgs) and externally (e.g., with customers and partners)
- Identify and prioritize internal Cisco product integrations, partnering with appropriate business units within the company
- Drive customer adoption through all phases of the product including pilot, beta, and launch
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a true customer advocate, have a passion for great products with great experience, and always seek improvement
- Have a hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology
- Have experience owning the long-term strategy and vision for a product or product line
- Have plenty of experience working with development teams in a Product Owner or Product Manager role
- Be able to take strong initiative with ability to work independently with limited direction
- Have the technical depth to confidently engage with engineering teams in detail
- Be a great written and verbal communicator
- Above all, you are always eager to learn new things
- Experience either managing or developing security policies and identities
- A strong background in SaaS application development and go-to-market models
- An understanding of cloud service performance and health metrics
- Experience forecasting market opportunities, projected review, and potential market share
Educational / Professional Background
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or another engineering/technical degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in an agile environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!