Senior Product Manager, Programmable Video
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Cisco Webex is the World's #1 business collaboration and customer engagement platform. It is used across all industries in the world being used to support governments, business, education, and more including use by 85% of Fortune 500 business. Cisco is the clear market leader in cognitive collaboration for unified communication and contact centers with People Insights, Webex Assistant, Webex Experience Management and now Babblelabs noise cancelation. These technologies are being integrated into Webex calling, meetings, messaging, team collaboration and contact center.
Webex is built on a very modern SaaS platform with a strong culture of DevOps that operates worldwide with engineers in locations such as the US, EU, China, and India. The platform is used by 100s of millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to build a team that can expand its reach to other powerful use cases that developers can integrate into their applications and services.
What You’ll Do
- Build and communicate a long-term vision that will drive the team to push the limits of what has been considered possible
- Own the vision, product strategy and execution for the Programmable Video product
- Collaborate with customers and partners to define new platform capabilities and solutions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in all arenas including Engineering, Customer Success, Sales, Partners and Marketing to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks
- Own a constantly-groomed roadmap and work in an Agile Scrum process in partnership with Engineering and management
- Communicate product goals to the team as well as other functional areas of the company on a regular basis and stay on top of the competition
- Act and think independently, track and analyze all components of the platform, and drive integration with developers and partners.
- Proactively gather inputs from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales to provide insights and facilitate alignment between all parts of the business.
Who You Are
You have a passion for intelligent user experiences, cutting edge innovation and data. You thrive in an agile development process, and you look forward to joining a collaborative team of high-caliber experts. You’re not just looking for a job, you’re looking for an innovative team where you can make a large impact. You’re self-motivated and set high expectations for yourself, you take ownership and sweat the small stuff. You flourish with constructive feedback, you insist that facts drive decisions, and you deliver results that matter.
- 8+ years of hands-on leadership experience within product management, engineering and go-to-market teams at a technology company in a related fiel
- B.A or B.S in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience with products in the video, collaboration, real-time media, customer experience, or contact center space
- Experience managing cloud based developer facing products such as API services, application deployment platforms or developer tools
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capacity for driving product strategy, shipping, and iterating on successful products
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive working independently, with engineering teams, as well as cross-functionally (sales, marketing)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills - articulate and able to understand technical subjects/emerging technologies and their relevance
- Experience with API creation and documentation
Who You’ll Work With
This newly formed team will report directly to the Webex CTO and live in the Intelligence organization at Cisco. The Intelligence team is comprised of three fast-moving startups that were recently acquired by Cisco to boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software, devices, and APIs - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, enhancing distributed team efficiency and improving all aspects of people connection.
We have a team of world-class product managers, designers, and engineers who are exceptionally talented and all low ego. Many of our engineers have founded their own startups prior to forming Webex Intelligence, and they bring a wide and diverse set of industry experience and expertise with them. We draw on this well of experiences every day as we collaborate on our own product, tech stack, and go to market strategy. We have a strong “eat our own dogfood” culture. We live and breathe Webex everyday because we use the platform every day. We're highly collaborative, committed to building great things, and consider it a privilege to learn from each other every day.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!