Senior Product Manager – HyperFlex Platform
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
You will be part of the Product Management team for HyperFlex, our hyperconverged infrastructure platform and will participate in product roadmap planning and feature definition. This is a hardware platform role that includes developing a clear perspective on the market, customer needs, application profiles, competitive strengths, weaknesses and technology trends. As you juxtapose this against your deep understanding of key server hardware, storage, interconnects and related transitions, you will define a vision and execute a roadmap to win in this space. Your deliverable will include owning and defining a compelling roadmap for a portfolio consisting of the server hardware configurations and drive types considering form factors, capacity points, storage trends, cost, storage interconnect and media transitions. You will distill and position key value propositions and unique industry leading differentiator that only Cisco can deliver. This includes taking new platforms to market, working with manufacturing to make configurations orderable, simplifying ordering experience and forecasting volume. You will also engage our field, marketing and customer to drive market success. You will also define GTM approach for this product and both leverage the strengths of Cisco field, SEs and Channel as well as define unique GTM approaches to accelerate success. You will also be the key point of contact for ecosystem partners, driving joint GTM as well as influencing partner roadmaps to drive the joint solution adoption.
Who You’ll work with
You will work with peer product managers, engineering leaders and teams responsible for the platform, platform software and management as well as TMEs within HyperFlex team and other teams that support the HyperFlex. In addition, you will work closely with the core UCS server product management and TME teams. This is a high visibility, high momentum effort within an entrepreneurial business unit of Cisco that has attracted the best talent and delivered outstanding results.
Who You Are
You have an understanding of key aspects, technology trends and requirements around servers and storage hardware, related technical trends, compliance, data center requirements and trade-offs. In addition, you will be the key point of contact for ecosystem partners in related areas. Partner related activities would include awareness of the details of the solution, driving field enablement and partner roadmap related to the joint solution.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 12+ years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 6+ years of experience in a product management role. Experience in a HW product management role is a bonus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, track record of taking products from requirement to market success and experience working with cross-functional teams to align thinking and ensure effective decision-making & aligned communication
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
- MBA degree is plus
- Strong operations and process skills required, including project/program management experience
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt from executive to employee messaging.
- Excellent verbal communication and Executive-level meeting facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Cisco’s portfolio and business a plus
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Fun, highly energetic personality; great team player that works well in collaborative situations
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.