Leader; Product Management-Generative AI
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Compensation Range184000 USD - 266000 USD
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence
Who We Are
Outshift by Cisco is the emerging tech incubation group that explores, identifies, and creates new businesses for Cisco. We are passionate about being at the cutting edge of technology, taking Cisco into new markets and building exciting products that solve tomorrow’s biggest challenges.
Like a startup, we take an entrepreneurial approach to success. We incubate ideas into products that solve critical needs, then deliver an experience that delights users and customers from Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to full-blown commercial offering.
Outshift is about innovation. We look from 12 months out to five years into the future, flexibly working to solve problems instead of fitting into a defined job description. We celebrate learning, and expect our teams to move fast, challenging assumptions and finding new ways of solving problems. Outshifters enjoy gaining experience across a breadth of technological and business challenges and can expect to shift across products/problems and build new skills regularly.
We’re building the next wave of startup-like innovation with the support of a trusted name like Cisco. Where else will you get to do this? Come create with us.
Learn more about us at outshift.com.
Who You’ll Work With
The Outshift team is highly visible within Cisco as it's leading the future innovation for the business. As part of the Strategy, Incubations & Applications group led by Cisco’s Chief Strategy Officer, you’ll be working with some of the organization’s most forward thinkers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with customers to understand pain-points, priorities, and common themes
- Work with engineering, design, machine learning (ML) scientists, and program operations to define and execute the product plan
- Work with marketing, growth, and business development teams to develop and execute effective Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies for your product
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop key collaterals – product documents, data sheets, value props, sales decks, ROI calculators, and demo videos
- Brainstorm and review ideas, proposals, and strategy with senior leaders in Outshift and other Cisco businesses
What You’ll Do
As Leader, Product Management focused on Generative and Predictive AI, you have a strong mix of product management, technology, and developer experience acumen, coupled with strategic vision and proven execution. You have strong analytical skills and a comprehensive understanding of business processes and SaaS & cloud product strategy, which you will bring to bear in the service of the following:
- Conduct customer, market, competitive, and industry research in generative and predictive AI machine learning models, tooling, and applications, and develop a clear strategy around how to win in specific area
- Articulate Total Addressable Market (TAM) we can target after analyzing users' pain points in the target market
- Own the creation of Minimal Viable Product (MVP) definition and product roadmaps that elevate customer value proposition and differentiators at every stage
- Establish milestones & key metrics to evaluate the success and failure of the project
- Design compelling user and buyer persona journeys both for the product user experience and go-to-market to deliver a low-friction, modern experience
- Validate Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and demos with key customers and prospects to build strong conviction around product adoption
- Execute on the product plan with urgency to help the team hit aggressive milestones and launch the product in the market
- Iterate on customer and stake-holder feedback to address friction points and adoption blockers
Who You Are
You have a passion for thinking bigger and broader than your role. You have strong social skills, independent judgment, and a capacity for strategic thinking and collaborative decision-making. You approach your work with integrity, and empathy for your customers and your stakeholders. You have a successful track record in creating product strategies, delivering new offerings, and contributing to portfolio simplification and transformation.
- Engineering degree required; Masters’ degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in product management with technical products
- Proven experience in building products with Generative and Predictive AI technologies
- Deep understanding of the emerging trends in Generative AI
- Growth mind-set of diving into new areas and quickly developing a strong point of view
- Expertise in building decision frameworks that help make objective investment calls
- Mastery in building quick credibility with customers and partners on complex topics
- Problem solving approach and a can-do attitude
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker with strong business sense
- Ability to work within cross-functional team environments
- Experience defining epics and writing user stories
- Skilled in design thinking and UX/UI best practices
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.