Senior Product Manager (Cloud Native Technologies)- Emerging Technologies and Incubation
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
Who We Are
We are a part of Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group passionate about identifying breakthrough emerging solutions that build new markets and businesses for Cisco. We incubate these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups, partners and other startups. The team also continues progress through Cisco’s meaningful work with Standards bodies and manages research partnerships with leading-edge Universities.
What You'll Do
As a Product Manager at ET&I you have a strong mix of product management, technology, and customer experience acumen, coupled with strategic vision and proven execution. You will be leading product management for new incubation efforts, working as a “start-up” product management leader, but at the same time, working in close alignment with the relevant business groups, other ventures and our customers and partners. You have strong analytical skills and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and product strategy.
- Define and lead overall product strategy and roadmap for an incubated venture
- Understand the industry trends and competitive landscape relating to the venture and build barriers to entry through compelling competitive differentiators.
- Have clear understanding of the TAM we are going after and analyzing users' “pain” that we seek to solve in the target market. Be responsible for the “Product-Market” fit.
- Contribute alongside key stakeholders from business development, sales and marketing teams in defining go to market strategies (pricing, routes to market, etc.)
- Drive product development and PoCs with design partners
- Define product partnerships/alliances strategy and find opportunities for partnerships/alliances
- Operating Model – Work with Engineering in defining an operating model for executing the product roadmap – including defining Agile Framework for execution, resource planning, funding, prioritization, and phased approach of business commit to drive, project/product development. Hands on experience leading product lifecycle for Cloud based products
- Market Research – Conduct market feasibility & readiness, competitive assessment, industry research, Track VC & startup community in addition to following what large innovative companies are doing in the venture’s space. Develop a clear strategy around how to elevate competitive differentiators
- Product Strategy and Roadmap - Take complete ownership for the “Product-Market” fit starting with the MVP definition and then defining a product roadmap that elevates the competitive differentiators at every stage. Define Customer Value prop and return on investment at each stage
- Intellectual Property – Identify intellectual properties that can be patented to gain a competitive advantage
- MVP Pilots – Define the criteria for who would be the ideal customer for MVP. Work with business development team in identifying the right customers for MVP
- Go-to-Market – Actively participate in defining GTM, working with key partners. Making sure to demonstrate Cisco’s strengths. Partner Strategy/Model – Who would be the right partners? Pricing? etc.
- Key Metrics & Measures – Establishing Milestones & Metrics to Evaluate the success and failure of the project. Also pay close attention to metrics and measures important to customer stakeholders and establish a compelling ROI for them
- Product Collaterals – Work with marketing team in identifying key collaterals – product documents, data sheets, value props, sales decks, ROI calculators, demo videos (it is especially important for the product manager to own demo scripts and video during MVP and initial stages of the product life cycle)
Who You Are
You have a real passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. This position requires strong social skills, independent judgment, forward-thinking, collaborative decision-making, utmost integrity, and trust as well as bringing balance to both strategic and tactical actions. Innovation and strategy should be part of your DNA and the ambition to change the industry. You have a success track record in creating product strategies, crafting and implementing new offers, contributing to portfolio simplification and transformation.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Engineering degree required; Masters’ degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 8+ years' progressive experience in Product Management, strategy, or consulting role
- A strong technical background, preferably in cloud native architectures and cloud security
- An experienced product manager, adept at identifying product-market fit and top-of-mind customer pain points
- A strong understanding of the Cisco and Competitors portfolios
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker with strong business sense
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments
- Experience defining epics and writing user stories as well as design thinking and UX/UI best practices
- Real world experience developing and launching commercially available B2B SaaS products in distributed and large-scale environment
- Shown leadership capabilities and ability to operate successfully in an agile environment
- Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve/stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment with shifting priorities and objectives
- Independent, hit-the-ground-running type of personality
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!