Senior Product Manager - Data Center
Location:Offsite, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What you will do
This role presents the change to craft Cisco data center operations stack including the network assurance and insight products. This portfolio covers both cloud based and on-premise capabilities. You will work with customers to understand their needs for operational tools and define the product roadmap and drive execution together with the engineering team. As a Senior Product Manager, you will have tremendous impact on a business that serves thousands of Cisco data center customers today.
Who you will work with
You will be part of the product management leadership team in Cisco Data Center Networking Group reporting to the Director, Product Management, Cloud in the Data Center Networking Business Unit.
Who you are
Have a strong background and extensive experience in network and/or cloud operations working either with operations teams or had responsibilities for building operations tools.
Have handled product management teams in the past.
Have worked with cross functional teams in a development organization.
Have significant experience building out a team
Have excellent interpersonal skills and can articulate a compelling vision
· Product Leadership – work with customers and engineering to define roadmap, drive execution of product development. Responsible for product positioning and pricing.
· Actively monitors the business’s needs and regularly adjusts those plans as needed
· Communicates a clear and compelling vision to their team
· Owns the planning process, guiding team-specific roadmaps, driving alignment with the overall team vision, and ensuring consensus within the team
· Judiciously balances new feature development against increased reliability
· Ensures timely updates to senior leadership about strategic projects and customer-impacting events
· Serves as the highest escalation path for most issues on the team
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco