Senior Product Manager – Cisco Private 5G (radio) 5GaaS
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
In this role you will interface closely with Enterprises, Service Providers, radio vendors as well as partner Cisco BU’s to build differentiated Cisco offerings, driving our near and long term strategy as well revenue goals.
You will also work closely with Software Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing and Finance teams to take products from ideas all the way to rapid commercial launch in a dynamic and iterative SaaS model.
What You'll Do
Private networking using CBRS and 5G is predicted to be a major growth engine starting in 2021 which will enable new business models and extend use case coverage for Enterprises. Private networking brings together radio, core network with the ability of the Enterprise to control and manage their device over the full lifecycle to deliver a new service experience.
Cisco will deliver private networking ‘as a service’. Cisco is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our team and drive the radio roadmap to align with the ‘as a service’ model. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in changing the way services are delivered by Service Providers to their Enterprise customers.
Cisco has designed its industry-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. More than 30,000 companies, including many of the world’s top brands, choose Cisco to fast-track their IoT services. Our enterprise customers span Connected Car, Connected Home, tablets, smart meters, medical devices, connected construction equipment, plus thousands more devices from iPhones and Kindles to dog trackers.
With this role, you will play an instrumental role in extending the scope of our SaaS portfolio with 5GaaS and be orchestrating one of our key initiatives with the potential to unlock significant SaaS revenues over the coming years as well the potential to unlock broader opportunities with our mobility portfolio and further strengthen our position in the overall value chain (from cloud software to end devices).
- Play a key role with our 5G as a service offering with a focus on radio technology assessment and development specifically for this market, ultimately maximising our broader portfolio to build strategic differentiation.
- You will assess enterprise problems, market trends, competitive positioning as well as partnership opportunities with radio vendors and make business decisions in order to improve our chances of success while entering new markets and launching new offerings.
- You will work with customers and partners to understand business needs, define business requirements, own prioritization, and drive decisions around product features, functionality, architecture and design.
- You will bring people and teams together by collaborating with architects, software engineering and operations team to build consensus, and you will make decisions to drive roadmap, product integration and execution.
- You will measure the success of our undertakings by identifying and tracking key metrics.
Who You Are
We are looking for an individual with strong business and technical acuity, excellent communication skills, and a phenomenal attitude.
Minimum Requirements are:
- 8 years of relevant Product Management experience in a Software as a Service business. Experience in the IoT space (software or device focus) is a strong plus.
- Business leader with a consistent record of identifying business opportunities worth pursuing, establishing GTM motions, crafting win-win incentive structures for partners, financial modelling, and a strong eye for business overall.
- Prior experience with a radio vendor or Service provider.
- Track record of having led sophisticated initiatives from inception to launch.
- Strong leadership and soft skills in combination with technical savvy.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to make good decisions based on data in a multifaceted environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to senior executives, partners and customers.
- MBA or similar would be a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.