Senior Product Manager, APM - Serverless
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
About Product Management at AppD
Our team mission is to help our customers deliver high quality application experiences to their users, customers, co-workers and partners. Our products are actively used today on the applications of the largest financial services, transportation, technology and retail companies in the world! We work together in a collaborative environment that cares equally about results and achieving them in a way that leaves everyone feeling positive about the team.
About the Role
In this role, you will work on evolving our next generation APM offering, building on top of our AIOps platform, APM agents and Open Telemetry. You will make fundamental contributions that are a part of AppDynamics’ growth story by building products, solutions and partnerships. An AppDynamics Product Manager is a leader who is results-oriented and is collaborative with customers, engineers, designers, marketing and sales. You also develop empathy for your customers so you can optimally translate those opportunities into well-defined problems for your partners in engineering to seek solutions to. As a champion of your product domain you are the voice of the customer, driving transformation in your product and the organization. In doing so you will expand and accelerate AppDynamics’ business thoughtfully and operate at the pace of a SaaS business.
You blend a few critical capabilities and values. A desire to be a world-class product management professional and a strong product management athlete. Continually learning about the art of product management, while also teaching others is a privilege and a perk to you. You are results oriented and have a track record of shipping successful products as a product manager. You are keen on new ways of crafting applications using serverless technologies like Lambda and Azure Functions and have worked with languages like Python and Go. You've got the technical chops to learn new tools, technologies and products to work collaboratively together with engineering and customers.
We are looking for someone that demonstrates the following:
- All critical skill sets or strengths in a few with a clear aptitude and motivation to learn the rest.
- Click with our culture and can work with a cross-functional team.
- You are an all-round communicator who is equally comfortable discussing technology details with engineering as you are actively listening to prospects and customers.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic.
- Excellent judgment and sense of prioritization, along with attention to detail.
We'll prefer candidates that can show us some of the following as well:
- Proven track record in Observability, Monitoring, APM domains, agent-based data collection, cloud monitoring solutions on any of the big cloud providers such as AWS CloudWatch, Azure metrics or Google Cloud metrics.
- User experience or design thinking.
- Experience building and/or operating production applications.
- Worked on building SaaS solutions.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand-new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.