Senior Product Designer
Location:Offsite, Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
As a member of the SecureX Product Design team, you will:
- Lead UX initiatives, capture requirements, wireframe, design in high fidelity, develop prototypes, deliver production quality assets, and ensure that implementations align with vision
- Possess the critical thinking skills, inventiveness, and work ethic required to design complex workflows, data-rich views, and interactive visualizations
- Design with the Cisco security portfolio in mind by building cross-team relationships, guiding integration UX efforts, digging into API documentation and performing other investigative tasks
- Work with other product teams in Cisco's Security Business Group to standardize on UI elements and components for a uniform look and feel and shared capabilities across the portfolio
- Design to the vision while being able to deliver piecemeal and iteratively for rapid release cycles
Who You’ll Work With
You will work closely with individuals and teams across and outside the organization (partners, product managers, engineering, integrators, customers) to represent both user and business interests in order to improve the product and portfolio experience.
The SecureX Product Design team is looking for a candidate that is:
- Self-motivated by the challenges put in front of them. We follow our stakeholder’s guidance but value autonomy and the inventiveness of designers that care about user needs and seek to improve the experience with ideas that present themselves along the way – outside of the documented roadmap
- Able to take charge of the UX design process from start to finish, working across multiple disciplines to see designs from inception to use in production
- Passionate about investigating new trends, techniques, and technologies and using them to keep products and processes innovative but not at the expense of being highly effective
- Comfortable working with 2-week release cycle deadlines, longer-term milestones and the deliverables and diverse personalities associated with both
Who You Are
We’re looking for a team member that:
- Takes the initiative to actively lead product design efforts, encouraging collaboration across teams to drive better outcomes and ship superior experiences to our end users
- Brings empathy to every product design initiative – both for customers and team members. Your ability to comprehend other people’s perspectives affects every design decision for the better
- Possesses the sharp eye and creativity that power strong visual design skills
- Has extensive experience designing solutions representing large, complex data sets, enterprise application workflows, and interactive visualizations in an intuitive manner
- Has experience with integration-focused product ecosystems and the challenges involved (APIs, authorization models, context switching, etc.). You think portfolio-wide even when focused on a point product design challenge
- Maintains a mastery of Figma, Miro, Sketch, or other design software suites
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.