Senior Product Designer: Design Systems
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our outstanding AIOps solution, IT professionals can take the right action at precisely the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of their entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. AppDynamics lets customers align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information to protect their bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
AppDynamics R&D Center in Bangalore was founded in 2015 with a focus on the core product and engineering areas. The Bangalore center works closely with the San Francisco team and imbibes the culture for which AppDynamics has become known. Over the next few years, the R&D Center will continue to evolve as a center of excellence for core product & engineering innovation at AppDynamics.
You take a systems-mindset to build and integrate consistent, efficient components across the product portfolio. You enjoy guiding and mentoring designers on best practices. You’re a perfectionist and take pride in the little details. You speak the language of developers and enjoy collaborating with them closely.
About The Role
AppDynamics is building a world-class, user-centered design practice to deliver well-crafted product designs that provide clarity, continuity, and context for IT professionals. The Design Technology team sits at the intersection of product design and UI engineering, enabling the teams to do their best work while directly shaping the user experience through our in-house design system. As the first member of our team in Bangalore, you will be the resident specialist and voice for the design system, closely collaborating with the local product designers.
As a Product Designer on the Design Tech team, you will:
- Contribute to the visual and technical direction of the experience design, visual style, and technical tooling
- Lead design reviews, and communicate the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups throughout the enterprise
- Create concepts, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes to explore and convey design solutions
- Continuously gather feedback from product designers and engineers to iterate and improve the design system
- Review library docs for editorial quality, consistency, and usefulness
Experience that will help you succeed in this role:
- 4+ years designing effective user-centered product experiences of moderate complexity
- Designing enterprise software or dynamic data visualizations
- Designing for or contributing to a design system
- Participating in user research, synthesizing findings, and translating them into design solutions
- Communicating design concepts effectively to a wide variety of audiences (such as business, product, engineering, sales, and product support)
- Highly proficient in at least one modern design tool such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- HTML / CSS/ JS development, motion design, and/or advanced prototyping skills
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.