Senior Network Consulting Engineer, Service Provider - Routing & Switching
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you’ll do
You'll be required to perform the duties of Network Consulting Engineer which include but not limited to below:
? Manage Software Lifecycle for the Customer Network, provide recommendations, co-ordinate with customer to ensure adoption
? Deliver actionable insights to customer by analysing various syslog messages, reactive cases and other sources on a daily basis. Recommend, remediate, track the progress dedicatedly and help the customer to prevent issues
? Participates in or leads Planning, Designing and Implementation services to Cisco’s Service Provider customers.
? Participates in or leads complex network migrations projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco.
? Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies.
? Work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
? Mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery.
? Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer and guide them to the next steps.
? Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve complex problems and compatibility issues.
? Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
? Leverages and contributes to Virtual Team
? Supports pre-sales activities.
Who You'll Work With
Business Critical Services (BCS) is one of the Flexible Subscription Service offering to Cisco Customer Experience’s customers which enable customer’s network to get ready, better, and smarter. BCS portfolio offer customers a comprehensive deliverable set in Network Assessment, Learning, Support and Architecture Specialization (Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security) domain.
The Business Critical Services is Cisco Customer Experience’s flagship offer, supporting the core network infrastructure of hundreds of customers around the world. The team is targeted to assist SP and Enterprise customers to drive key values and outcomes, including OPEX reduction, Agility and end user satisfaction.
Who You Are
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent plus 12 years of related experience in IT industry.
- 10+ years of experience in Core Networking technologies alone.
- Deep technical exposure on routing and switching technology, Should have expert level understanding and working experience on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE,NX-OS and IOS-XR.
- Should have deep exposure on cisco products i.e. ASR9K, ISR, Catalyst switches, Nexus Platform. Engage with customer to understand there requirement, and help customer fix the problem.
- Should have in-depth working knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS,ISIS, MP-BGP, L2/L3 VPN, M-VPN, Traffic Engineering etc..
- Should have ability to own and solve problems of customer network, also able to work as point of contact and help HTTS/TAC to fix high priority issue.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Certified Expertise in Routing/Switching, Service Provider or Datacenter (CCIE or equivalent).
- Certified in Process Areas (ITIL/ TOGAF/ ISO/BPM/ PCI/ HIPAA, etc).
- Working exposure in Service Provider Environment
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a dynamic changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an encouragement and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution.
- At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.