Senior Network Administrator
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
- At this time, Cisco Security has a virtual interview process.
- This position will be 100% remote until it is safe to return to the designated office location.
- Cisco Security offer’s Medical, Vision and Dental benefit options beginning on Day-1 of employment.
Cisco Tetration is the leader in next-generation cloud protection. With the ability to collect and process over hundreds of billions events a day through our lightweight agent and scalable infrastructure, Cisco Tetration has revolutionized cloud protection by being the first and only company to unify microsegmentation, vulnerability management, and endpoint detection and response (EDR). We have a tradition of celebrating elegantly designed and well-tested code for every part of our product. We take pride in being able to push our latest code to production environments in matter of days.
As a Senior Network Administrator you have administration knowledge of the following services/products in both in-house Data Center and SaaS models:
- Strong understanding of OSI model (especially networking and transport).
- Expertise of TCP/IP, QoS, TLS / SSL protocols, X.509 Certs, SMTP, Netflow etc.
- Knowledge of routing and switching with Cisco switches (NXOS). Ability to validate and troubleshoot transmission of packets in a network (on a switch) or on a server.
- Some Experience on any of the load-balancers like F5, Netscalers, AVI, Haproxy
- Decent understanding of some security concepts like firewall rules, CVE’s, DDOS protection.
- Good to have some experience on system side of networks(VM / Docker networks)
- Have some past debugging experience of using wireshark for analysis
- Understand how to configure and troubleshoot - SVI, HSRP, VPCs, and ACLs.
- Knowledge of networking aspects in Cloud environment (SaaS hosted in AWS / Azure etc.), VMware etc.
- Good to have some experience on debugging by looking at the code in any of their preferred language (python, go, bash etc..)
- Some experience of working with Ansible / Terraform in the past or any other infra building tool
Understanding the basics of networking with the ability to quickly learn any new protocol and/or network topology. Candidate should be willing and show interest on slow grasping some of the newer distributed systems technologies. Candidate should be experienced working with Cisco network equipment and have the ability to relay networking issues to other non-networking focused administrators. Willing to participate in an on-call pager rotation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.