Senior Manager for Cloud Calling Service
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
In Cisco’s Collaboration Team we offer the best collaboration suite in the industry. Our mission is to offer a suite of collaboration products that allows our customers to have the most meaningful and productive collaboration in your work place. We are making that experience easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As part of the Webex Suite of Collaboration Services there is a solution called UCM Cloud which focuses on the calling aspect of collaboration. As the Senior Manager of UCM Cloud Calling Engineering you would be responsible for making sure that the UCM Cloud Calling Platform grows in a manner that can effectively support UCM Cloud offerings for customers around the globe. Additionally, there will need to a continual examination of how to improve the operational and cost effectiveness of the UCM Cloud Platform. Analytics are critical to any cloud offering and understanding and prioritizing the ones most critical to this task is also a must. The platform supports customers working on prem and over the top off prem, therefore, understanding how the different network options affect reliability and quality of service is required. This role will include architects and operational engineers that you will manage to help fulfill the tasks above.
A key focus will be your ability to support and grow a team of talented software, operational and automation engineers. You will seek to align everyone to our most important objectives, offering a vision for the team and product that keeps them motivated and looking forward.
Your job responsibilities:
• In-depth knowledge of software development processes, tools and methodologies
• Create a data driven culture for the applications as well as for the supporting network
• Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as technical contributors
• Define, implement and oversee all required processes, methods and systems to ensure development meets engineering/business goals
• Outstanding operational command of the business, including metrics’ based goals and achievement approach
• Mentor and coach senior engineers through technical and non-technical challenges
• Develop career plans for your direct reports
• Encourage thoughtful and creative ways to recognize achievements on the team
• Provide thoughtful counsel as a member of senior engineering leadership
• Exceptional team player with the ability to quickly develop and foster stakeholder relationships, and strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated track record of leading or working with cross-functional teams
• Serve as the high escalation point for customer-facing issues on the team
You are a great fit for this role if you have:
• 10+ years of experience building real-time communication-based software
• High level of understanding in Unified Communication and overall collaborations that occur in companies
• Managed cross-functional engineering and operational teams
• Experience building teams, holding decisions on recruiting and organization design