Senior Manager, Product Management - Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Security Business Group is one of our fast growing business units focused on transforming the security landscape. As part of this team, you will work with the Technical Leaders across the entire SBG team to help shape the technical architecture and develop execution plan. The Senior Manager, Product Management help drive strategy across the ATS portfolio of products as well as operations for various deliverables (QBR, Forecast call, pricing analysis, etc.)
What You’ll Do
- Manage projects focused on key strategic initiatives for Cisco, including one-time special projects as opportunities arise
- Formulate long-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendation related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive dynamics and internal business performance improvement
- Analyze market trends and customer feedback to anticipate customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product, engineering, technical and development teams can design, build, test and implement new products and offerings
- Structure data and gather support for partnership and alliance deals
Who You are
- Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills
- Collaborative and open style which is pro-active and service oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills - extensive experience with presenting data-supported business cases to top executives
- Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, and capable of driving insight to tangible action plans
- Strong project management skills, including ability to think-end-to-end and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 5+ years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy, financial services, or comparable function
- MBA degree from a world class institution
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
- Strong operations and process skills required, including project/program management experience
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt from executive to employee messaging.
- Excellent verbal communication and Executive-level meeting facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Cisco’s portfolio and business a strong plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with cross-functional teams to align thinking and ensure effective decision-making & aligned communication
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Fun, highly energetic personality; great team player that works well in collaborative situations
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.