Senior Manager, Product Management IoT
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything
You will lead and grow a small, highly talented team. You will be joining the newest, fastest growing product lines at Meraki. Phenomenal success has been achieved in an exceptionally short time. How do you scale this? How do you take this from millions to billions? Importantly, what do you do right now?
This is an outstanding opportunity to take a veritable unicorn, where you enjoy the benefit of Meraki’s agile startup culture with the scale and resources of a global corporation such as Cisco, and use these to revolutionize the world of IoT.
By using many market-leading technologies and infrastructure components already in use at Meraki, you will have the opportunity to build at a scale that would be impossible on your own. All of this is possible because you will be working with a diverse and incredibly talented collection of people. From developers to marketeers, sales people to executives, you will influence, motivate, and direct a wide variety of resources to achieve the collective goal.
In this role, you will be responsible for a team of product managers covering MV Smart Cameras and MT IoT Sensors. You will lead them and other departments to ensure we capitalize on our technology leadership position. You will bring a sense of urgency, executing with the hunger of a small company seeking their next round of funding.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Planning to deliver a billion dollars in annual revenue.
- Directly leading a team of product managers for multiple product groups.
- Hiring experienced staff and mentoring emerging talent across the team.
- The “product” is the team, and the team comes before the product.
- Collaborating with departmental leaders in engineering, sales, marketing, & finance.
- Interacting with senior leadership to define and execute a multi year roadmap.
- Ultimate responsibility for everything related to your product families.
- You will be involved in everything. Your mission is to work out what will make the difference at any given time, and focusing on impacting that outcome when there isn’t time to do everything.
- Spending up to 10% of your time traveling to see customers and industry events.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A leader with exceptional interpersonal skills capable of motivating a diverse team.
- A manager who cares deeply about the individuals under their care.
- An entrepreneur, a risk taker, someone who looks beyond tomorrow.
- Someone with a curious nature with a love of new and emerging technologies.
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask the challenging questions.
- An abstract thinker who can spot the patterns of high value customer problems.
- Being able to distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words.
- A story teller, a natural passion for the product, a sales person in disguise.
- MVP execution. It doesn’t matter how good a product is if it doesn’t ship.
- At least 2 years experience as a people leader managing product managers.
- Hands on experience in a creative technical environment e.g. developer, hardware hacker, or personal technology project.
We know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.