Senior Manager Product Management, IoT Industrial Networking
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager of Product Management with strong Switching experience, flexibility and excellent communication skills to lead our IoT Industrial Switching Product Management team. You will work with customers to understand their needs for operational tools and define the product roadmap and drive execution together with the engineering team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of product managers defining the hardware and software product roadmap for our portfolio.
- Product Leadership – work with customers and engineering to define roadmap, drive execution of product development. Responsible for product positioning and pricing.
- Actively monitors the business’s needs and regularly adjusts those plans as needed
- Communicates a clear and compelling vision to their team
- Leads the planning process, guiding team-specific roadmaps, driving alignment with the overall team vision, and ensuring consensus within the team
- Judiciously balances new feature development against increased reliability
- Ensures timely updates to senior leadership about strategic projects and customer-impacting events
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Internet of Things (IoT) Group builds intelligent networks and software platforms for many different IoT applications. IoT Group’s charter, as part of Cisco’s broader Internet of Things initiative, is to develop industrial switching, routing, wireless, and security products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks.
Who You Are
- Experienced in network operations and building operation tools
- Deep Understanding of Industrial Solutions and customer use cases
- Management experience of product teams
- Experience building and growing a team and partnering with business units
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strategic vision
- 5+ years of product marketing and development
- MBA is highly desired but not mandatory
- Understanding and experience in Industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco