Senior Manager|Platform|Network Security Application - 13 -25years
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Cisco is market leader in security products and technologies that includes ASA Firewall, Next Gen Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Sensor, Email and Web Security Appliances. Cisco's Security Business currently at 2 Billion USD revenue annually from its products and services is growing at fast pace. Security Business Group (SBG) of Cisco Systems (India) is looking to hire experienced engineers and Technical Leaders for the Security Services Platform Development Team.
What You'll Do
* Responsible for developing new platforms and platform capabilities for Next Generation Security Platforms for Cisco, a market leader in security products and technologies.
* Work closely with developers and product management teams at various stages such as product starting from idea conceptualization till delivering it to customer
* Extremely motivated Engineering Leader and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude
* Develop large scale systems that run complex code in high bandwidth environments
* Strong communication skills, teamwork and a confirmed ability to handle challenging high priority tasks.
* Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in components that range from kernel modules to applications
* Work closely with a cross functional team and drive/collaborate with other technical leaders/software engineers on system/functional design and architecture of new features
* Mentor and provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineers
* Write specification documents and drive sign-off
* Review and sign off on requirements documents
* Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures
* Present technical concepts/solution to internal and external stakeholders
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the young , energetic & dynamic security development team. You will also have to closely work with the TME's/ PM's to define strategies for the further products. Cisco is changing the way we work, live, play, and learn.
Who You Are
· You shall be responsible for people management, requirements modeling, design, development and integration of security features.
· This position requires a BS/MS in computer science or engineering plus a minimum of 15-20+ years of relevant software development experience
· Experienced with board Bring-up, writing and debugging device drivers.
· Fluency in day-to-day Development & Designing (Architectural designing) on Linux OS environment.
· Deep understanding of Linux and network resource management
· Experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies
· Strong OS fundamentals, data-path & understanding of performance/space tradeoffs on distributed platforms.
· Solid networking (TCP/IP, Layer 2) knowledge is a requirement
· Strong Programming skills in C/C++, Python, and shell scripts.
· Strong problem solving skills and debugging the failures to root cause
· Should have a solid understanding of SW quality and processes.
Highly Desired skills:
§ Experience with DPDK library, Data Acquisition (DAQ) library and Vector packet Processing (VPP)
§ Experience with Intel Quick Assist Technology (QAT)
§ Experience with Crypto functionalities, TLS/SSL
Data-path throughput enhancement experience
§ Experience with peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, high-speed serial I/F’s)
§ Experience with working on Open-stack deployment and debugging is a big plus
§ Familiarity or hands-on experience with Dockers or other container services is a big plus
§ Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewalls, IPS and Web security.
§ Cisco product and NXOS, IOS knowledge is helpful.
§ Device driver and kernel module development.
§ Agile software development experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A block-chain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box! But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!