Senior Manager, Network Automation & Analytics Applications
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Service Provider Network Automation, Analytics & Application BU is looking for Senior Manager to drive the next generation of growth for the SP Automation suite of products
The Senior Manager of Engineering will be an execution-oriented, collaborative, and innovative technical manager / leader responsible for the software architecture, engineering, integration and innovation for Crosswork Automation products. An ideal candidate for this role is someone who is a great manager and a great team leader, skilled at identifying the right talent, great communicator and a great issue resolver. You are passionate about technology and take pride in delivering quality products.
- Drive technical direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the architecture specifications into working engineering outcome
- Commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines, with a proven track of product development delivered with quality on time
- Document and comply with quality processes following a CI/CD process
- Ability to attract talent, inspire the organization, and develop the next generation of leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical influencing, conflict management, negotiation, public presentin
- Possess highest ethical standard
- Identify and drive innovation in Cisco product
- Strong business acumen and industry insight, thought leadership
- Always be recruiting, retaining and developing your teams. Keeping your team at the top of their game and motivated
- Devise and communicate top-level objectives and measures of success to guide your teams, challenge them, and hold them accountable
- Partner with Product Management to devise an executable roadmap that you will deliver with your team and peers.
Who You'll Work With
You will be business partners with Product Management
You will work with architects and engineers at all levels
You will work with other cross functional teams such as program management, customer experience, account teams and technical support
You will work with UX designers
You will engage with the broader community inside and outside Cisco. As a senior manager, you will constantly look for ways to build relationships and partnerships that help you recruit and optimize your ability to deliver value.
Who You Are
You should have the passion for technology and passion for learning and leading software engineers. Around 10+ years of experience in technology industry with at least 5+ years managing team.
Direct experience with Agile Development and cloud native and/or on-prem services
Direct expereince with Java, Micro-services, RESTful API, Dockers and Kubernetes based deployment, automation, code coverage tools.
You ought to own an engineering team and know how to cultivate an open, transparent, inspiring culture.
You always find ways to achieve engineering excellence.
You have led several multi-engineer projects to successful production deployment.
You have a deep understanding of modern front-end and back-end technologies.
You are a servant leader. You love to mentor and coach others and watch them thrive and grow
You are highly organized and are excellent at following through with commitments
You are passionate about management topics like how to give feedback compassionately and effectively, how to hire incredible engineers, how to set motivating goals to inspire your team, and how to estimate projects accurately
You care deeply about product quality and user impact
Good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills to recruit and motivate a team of highly skilled engineers
Experience with network automation, network management applications is a plus
Experience with L2/L3 protocols, Controllers, SDN, Programmability, Telemetry etc. is a plus