Senior Manager, Global Strategic Technology Alliances 1250125
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the world, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart- cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
What You'll Do
You will be in a senior portfolio leadership role, for a set of large global strategic technology alliances that Cisco is looking to develop a GTM in region, be the custodian of any new corporate announced ones and lead a virtual team of partner BDMs to locally execute these partnership initiatives in APJC. In this role, you will work closely with the architecture and specialist teams, enterprise and industry segment teams, system engineering and account teams and global partner teams to drive business development efforts, internal awareness of partnership value and capabilities as well as run the overall governance of the partnership success metrics. You will need to be an evangelist with gravitas, of Cisco to these partners and to the market at large, with an entrepreneurial streak, considering a lot of these newer alliances will need lighthouse wins in an incubation capacity before it gets mainstream and be ready for scale.
Key functions of the role:
- Creating regional sales and channel execution strategy and then working with supporting partner engineering and enablement teams on the operationalization.
- Leading market development, business development, opportunity sizing and account identification efforts with cross functional partners – particularly leading up to the initial few lighthouse and incubation wins.
- Work closely with partner marketing, industry marketing teams and partner acceleration partners to pilot and run key sales plays with these partners and mutual system integrators.
- Drive a quarterly cadence of business reviews to show the partnership impact – both hard and soft critical metrics.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Partner Organization aims to develop the most meaningful partner ecosystem, valued by partners, customers and Cisco Employee’s. Growing partner capability in Cisco architectures and solutions, ensuring profitable growth for our ecosystem to deliver business value for Cisco and our customers.
You will report directly to the Director of Ecosystem and Technology Alliances and be part of the APJC Partner Organization, but working closely with the Large Strategic Partner Alliances teams in the Global Partner Organization.
Who You Are
You will have a minimum of 15 years of experience working either directly in an alliance capacity or having had prior working knowledge of working closely with partners in sales engagements. You should possess both a solid business background (MBA preferred) that enables building relationships and engaging at the CxO level as well as a sales background that promotes relevance to sales organizations both within Cisco and our Partner community. Additionally, a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, solutions, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling joint value proposition is important. You should also be comfortable in public speaking at partner industry events to drive the Cisco value proposition.
Additional Differentiated Areas of Experience and Expertise:
- Intimate working knowledge of software lifecycle and selling models, workflow and business process, as well as customer-in selling approach.
- Ideally with Software development and sales experience with strong background and knowledge in vertical markets such as Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail, Education.
- You have the ability to work in a matrix environment with globally distributed teams using strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- Experience using business planning and sales productivity tools such as WebEx, and CCW and SFDC to lead the progress of sales opportunities.
- Ability to move effortlessly between ‘sell to’, ‘sell with’, and future partner GTM models.
- Experience gathering, analyzing and reporting performance results to partners, as well as consolidating and recommending best practices on scalable working models.
- You should have a can do attitude that thrives in uncertainty and have a “thick skin” at times especially on challenging situations to working with our partners in a complex and multi-party sales engagement. educate and to influence “why your partner”.
- Display a high of level of passion, energy, excitement, and drive.
- Ability to excel in an environment of high autonomy to produce business results. You treat this as your own business, so any examples of how you have done this before would be a plus.
- Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering "excellence".
- Executive presence with leadership and partners up to CxO level, ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, rapidly establish credibility with and gain confidence of multiple areas across Cisco and partner teams.
- Understanding and framing client business and technical imperatives and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Possesses the ability to develop and clearly articulate objectives using both analytical thinking, reference to facts, and best practices.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.