Senior Manager Digital Seller Strategist
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
The Business Entity
Cisco Sales is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
Global Virtual Sales & Engineering (GVSE)
Global Virtual Sales and Engineering is a sales organization that has an unprecedented opportunity for innovation and growth within Cisco Sales. This organization is responsible for selling to customers virtually (ie, remotely) and scaling the sales motion through digital capabilities, partner ecosystems, and recruiting/developing the next generation virtual sales talent. GVSE is a global organization across the major geographies including the Americas (US, Canada, LatAm), EMEAR (Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Asia Pacific.
Who You Are
Cisco seeks a proven leader to drive the digital selling strategy role in the GVSE Americas organization. This person will be responsible for integrating the digital tools and capabilities into the virtual sales motion to increase seller productivity and effectiveness. This position will work closely with GVSE sales leaders, virtual sellers, Connected Digital Interactions (formerly DE&A) team, vendors, Internal IT, marketing and other organizations to formulate an end-to-end digital selling strategy that spans attract, land, and expand sales motions. This role will also be accountable for the successful execution and evolution of the digital sales strategy. The position will report directly to the GVSE Americas Vice President.
What You'll Do
- Develop the digital selling motion vision, strategy, and phased plan by leveraging sales tools and processes to execute on this vision
- Work in close partnership with Cisco’s marketing and the Connected Digital Interactions organizations to focus in on and enhance seller effectiveness
- Define the digital sales workflow by persona (e.g., generalist seller, specialist seller, sales development rep) and the features/capabilities of the tools available to execute that workflow, including gaps/challenges
- Coordinate and ensure successful integration of new features and platforms into existing sales processes
- Address and escalate any digital issues impacting sales workflow and seller productivity
- Define key success criteria and performance indicators inclusive of timelines, and track & communicate on an ongoing basis
- Consolidate new feature requests and prioritize with vendors
- Benchmark Cisco’s digital selling motion against industry practices, incorporate best practices from other companies
- Ensure that instrumentation is available to track sales activities that tie to pipeline and bookings
- Ensure seller effectiveness with all new tool & process launches
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience on CRM (SFDC preferred) and other sales tools
- Successfully developed business plans and business cases
- Deep knowledge of the Cisco sales workflow from lead management to opportunity management
- Data science and analytics
- Strong influence and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Operating comfortably in a matrixed organization
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- Broad knowledge and best practice insights of sales processes
- BS/BA in Business or Computer Science, MBA a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.