Senior Cloud Compute Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Remote US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Senior Cloud Compute Engineer
What You'll Do
Do you enjoy solving problems and like to learn new things? As a senior member of this team you will build, deploy and maintain production compute systems in a 24/7 environment across multiple Data Centers. These systems provide services to the globally deployed Cisco Security Business Groups and CIE product portfolios which must be maintained to be scalable, responsive, and highly available. In addition, you will:
- Build, configure, and support vSphere & Cisco UCS Infrastructure (UCS B & C-series)
- Provide hands-on server/hypervisor administration, system maintenance and operations support
- Manage seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Champion and drive the adoption of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices and approach.
- Diagnose and solve system and performance issues.
- Partner with internal tenants to translate their business requirements into supportable solutions and you’ll collaborate with peers to help set and evolve the team's technical strategy
- Interact and collaborate directly with Data Center, Network, and Storage engineers.
- This position will require you to participate in an on-call rotation for emergency support.
Who You'll Work With
The CIE Compute Engineering Team builds and maintains the compute infrastructure for various Cisco customer-facing Security SAAS solutions. The team also handles the architecture, design, deployment and operational support of more than 5000 servers, 3000 hypervisors, and over 30,000 VMs.
Who You Are
We are looking for this team member to continuously seek ways to enhance infrastructure monitoring and visibility using Nagios, Datadog, or Icinga. You will program and interact with RESTful APIs as well as use CI/CD frameworks such as Jenkins and Source Control Tools. Other requirements include:
- vSphere/ESXi 6.x administration skills (preferably in a large deployment with multiple locations)
- Cisco UCS Blade & Rack Mount servers (B & C-Series) or comparable
- Cisco UCSM, IMC Supervisor, Cisco Intersight
- Automating routine tasks using PowerShell, python or bash.
- Use of configuration management tooling such as Ansible/AWX to run growing fleet. Think Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with Cloud Services from AWS (preferably), Azure, GCP, etc.
- Windows Administration (AD, Directory Services, Group Policy)
- Production Operations (on-call support)
- Project Management / Presentation Skills
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.