Senior Infrastructure Engineer TD&R
Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
As a Computer Engineering team member you will build, deploy and maintain production compute systems in a 24/7 environment across multiple datacenters. These systems provide services to Cisco Cloud Services security product portfolio which is globally deployed and must be maintained to be scalable, reliable and responsive. In this role you will: Provide hands-on server/hypervisor administration, system maintenance and operations support; Build, configure, and troubleshoot vSphere & Cisco UCS Infrastructure (UCS B & C-series); Diagnose and correct systems and performance issues. This position will require you to be part of an on-call rotation team for emergency support.
Who You Are
You will have spent considerable time working in a comparable area, with a specific focus on computer (x86) architectures in a cloud environment. You will have direct experience of running a large scale compute platform within a dynamic multi-tenant operating environment. You will be comfortable connecting with collaborators and customers, building requirements and driving decisions that are in the business interest.
- You have a genuine curiosity about Cloud Technologies and underpinning architectures.
- vSphere/ESXi 6/7 administration skills (in a large enterprise with multiple locations)
- Cisco UCS Blade Server & Rack Mount server admin experience (B & C-Series) Cisco UCS B200 (blade) and unmanaged C220, C240 (rack-mount)
- Experience with UCSM is required
- Experience with IMC Supervisor or Intersight is a plus
- Infrastructure Automation ? Automating routine tasks using PowerShell, python or bash.
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment and create/perform repeatable processes for common tasks
- Work within specific tenant driven and after-hours maintenance windows.
- Production Operations (on-call) experience
Desired Skills/Qualifications/System Experience requirements:
- Expert Level Troubleshooting Methodology
- Project Management / Presentation Skills
- MS Windows Administration including Active Directory, Directory Services, Group Policy
- Routing/Switching/Network Security Fundamentals
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.