Senior Hardware Signal Integrity Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Datacenter Hardware - Senior Signal Integrity Engineer
Datacenter Hardware Group focus on the future switching needs of datacenter and cloud computing, Products include Cisco flagship switching platform Nexus series data center switches and MDS 9000 Fiber Channel storage switches, Datacenter Business Group at Cisco China Research and Development Center, concentrates on next-generation data center switching hardware developments for Nexus and MDS 9000.
As part of signal integrity and high speed design technology team, design and analyze high speed analog/digital circuits for networking products, with emphasis on high speed signal and power analysis (especially timing and noise) of ASICs and printed circuit boards.
· Model/simulate/characterize high speed systems, including high speed I/Os, chip packages, printed circuit boards, and system interconnects.
· Overcome the challenges of ultra-high data rate, wide buses, multiple clocks, and cutting-edge technology.
· Seize the opportunity for circuit design innovation when faced with new challenges brought by the Multi-Gbps serdes products.
Who You Are
Must have skills/experiences
- Self motivated, teamwork and strong communication skills
- Fluent English in speaking and writing.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in related fields
Good to have skills/experiences
- Spice (or equivalent) circuit simulation, 3D field-solver and time/frequency domain analysis.
- SI or HW intern experience.
- IBIS and SPICE simulation tools. Such as SpecctraQuest , Speed 2000, ADS, ICS and HSPICE etc,.
- 2D/3D or high frequency field solver simulation tools, such as HFSS, CST, Q2D, Q3D, PowerSI, etc,.
- High speed serdes design, PLL design and LVDS, LVPECL, CML and other high-performance I/O technology.
- ASIC design with I/O selection and simulation/validation, and power noise analysis
- Solid background on transmission line theory
- Correlating simulation results with lab measurements using oscilloscope, TDR, VNA and Spectrum Analyzer.
- More than 7 years hands-on complex SI design experience