Senior Hardware Engineering Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Who You'll Work With
The Business Entity
The Enterprise Routing organization designs and develops Cisco's Edge and Access routing products. We architect the next generation of routing technology using both internally developed and commercially available silicon. The team designs, implements, and delivers industry leading routing products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on innovative projects.
What You'll Do
Role & Responsibilities
In this highly visible role as a Manager, you will
- Directly manage a team of approximately 10 hardware design engineers
- Lead hardware design of routing products
- Bring up system and execute engineering validation in the lab
- Drive product from concept to production
- Interact with multi-functional teams for technical discussion
- Address challenging problems and issues
Who You Are
- Experience with high-speed system design
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation
- Familiar with high speed design signal integrity issues, power distribution techniques and modern processors
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with BSEE, or MSEE
- Previous experience managing a HW development group
- Experience developing products using both internal development teams and JDM partners
- Experience with x86 and ARM architecture preferred
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines, including firmware, software, mechanical and signal integrity
- Familiar with PCIe, Ethernet, DDR protocols
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco