Senior Hardware Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for Hardware Engineer to join Enterprise Switching HW team in Cisco CRDC (China R&D Center)，Shanghai. You will have the opportunity to work with the talents in Cisco engineering to develop the Enterprise Switching Hardware with cutting edge technology and methodologies.
Cisco's Enterprise Switching products - Catalyst 9000 switches are the next generation in the legendary Catalyst family of enterprise LAN access, distribution and core switches. Catalyst 9000 family of switches has been designed as the foundation for an entirely new era of networking to meet the ever- changing needs of the enterprise network today and well into the future. Our HW team focuses on one of the Enterprise core switching HW platform.
What You'll Do
- Participates on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, implementation, and test of hardware for networking products.
- Provide technical leadership on HW development of high-speed digital system/boards.
- Work closely with x-function teams including ASIC, ECAD, Mech, SI, Power, xDVT and compliance test, MFG and diagnostics/software team throughout the development process.
Who You Are
- Solid knowledge on high speed HW system design.
- Proficient with ECAD tools, such as Cadence Concept/Allegro, or Mentor DxDesigner.
- Experienced with high speed Serdes design, CPU, PLL design and high-performance I/O technologies (PCI-E, LVDS, CML etc.).
- Solid SI knowledge and experience correlating SI simulation results with lab measurements using oscilloscopes, TDRs and spectrum analyzers
- Familiar with Verilog HDL or VHDL and experience with logic design on Xilinx/Altera FPGA.
- Self-motivation, teamwork and strong communication skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ years related experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.