Senior Hardware Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You’ll Do
In this highly visible role as a Senior Hardware Engineer:
- Lead system design on computing system products
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Hands-on engineering efforts for system bring up and validation in the lab
- Interact, lead, and address challenging technical problems with multi-functional teams
- Lead decision making to resolve technical tradeoff, operational and business considerations
Who You’ll Work With
UCS Servers / Hardware Engineering Servers
The Computing Systems Products Group, through The Unified Computing Systems creative architecture, helps to enable the fully unified data center. We architect the next generation unified computing systems, including compute, storage, network, visualization, and management into a single platform. The team designs, implements, and delivers Computer industry leading computing system products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on exciting projects.
Our Minimum Requirements for this role:
- BSEE, MSEE, or BS Computer Science
- A minimum of 8+ years of work experience
- Experience with Compute Servers, Storage Appliance, and PCIe Adapters
- Hands on experience with lab setup and familiar with storage sub-systems
- Experience with design tools including Cadence Concept, and Allegro is a must
- Familiar with high-speed serial interfaces such as PCIe and SAS/SATA
- Experience with high-speed (>=25G) system design, signal integrity issues, and power distribution techniques
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines, including software, BIOS, BMC, Diagnostics and QA
- Demonstrated system integration experience with shipping products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Current and/or prior experience with Intel x86 products desired
- AMD EPYC product experience is a plus
- Familiar with Storage RAID, memory, and DDR protocols a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who We are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.