Senior Hardware Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this highly viable role as a Senior Hardware Engineer;
- Support system design on computing system products
- Bring up system and execute engineering validation in the lab
- Interact with multi-functional teams for technical discussion
- Prioritize and translate high level requirements into actionable milestones
- Act as technical liaison to key suppliers for the product and technical perspectives
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Lead decision making to resolve technical tradeoff, operational and business considerations
- Interact, lead and address challenging technical problems with multi-functional teams
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Computing Systems Products Group, through The Unified Computing Systems creative architecture, helps to enable the fully unified data center. We architect the next generation unified computing systems, including compute, storage, network, visualization and management into a single platform. The team designs, implements, and delivers Computer industry leading computing system products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on exciting projects.
WHO YOU ARE & DESIRED SKILLS
- Have a minimum of 10+ years of experience with BSEE, MSEE, or BS Computer Science
- Experience with PCIe adaptors/protocol, Servers, Storage Appliance and switches.
- Current and/or prior experience with Intel x86 products desired. AMD EPYC product experience is a plus.
- Familiar with design tools including Cadence Concept, and Allegro
- Familiar with PCIe, Ethernet, Fiber Channel, DDR protocols
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation
- Experience with high-speed (>=25G) system design, signal integrity issues, and power distribution techniques
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines, including software, BIOS, BMC, Diagnostics and SQA
- Demonstrated experience with shipping products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco