Senior Hardware Engineer - Quality Engineering (Schematic Modeling, DDRX, PCIE, Power Integrity, Python/Java/C++) 8+ - 15 Years
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
As a Hardware Design Engineer in Reliability Engineering group, part of Technology and Quality organization, you work with design engineers to set design rules, perform design analysis and verify/validate designs by use of fully automated simulators. You drive product design improvements via researching design check rules, methodologies and developing applications while working closely with internal stakeholders and external partners. You will be a part of team committed to continuously innovate the applications, processes, and services to deliver world-class customer experience.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Supply Chain Operations organization is responsible for taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. As part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team, Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
Who You Are
• Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 8+ years of related work experience.
• Hands on exposure to hardware design with schematic capture and CAD layout
• The ideal candidate should have a track record of success, a solid work ethic, and a can-do attitude. In addition, the candidate should possess the following skills
• 8+ years of experience in Hardware design, developing design specifications, design review, PCB layout, and schematic capture & analysis
• 8+ years of experience in computer architecture & design (Bus standards, Interrupts, Memory, Power distribution), CPU/FPGA design, PCIe, Ethernet, Peripheral Interfaces (Fiber Channel, DDRx), High-speed signal integrity (HSSI), and Component derating rules
Should have work experience on Enterprise products or telecommunication equipment with digital circuit hardware system design such as Sever, Storage, Router, Switch, OTN, ATCA,IOT, xPON, IPTV system, Core network, Collaboration video system(TP), Carrier Routing System(CRS)
• 3+ years of experience in C++ / Python, scripting languages, assembly languages, high order object-oriented languages.
• 3+ years of experience in developing hardware design model, device models and implementing tools in development process
• Familiar with Agile software development methodology from planning, design, development, testing, release processes throughout software life cycle.
•Familiar with Linux , Oracle/MySQL/Mongo Database
• Requires excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills for working with team members and stakeholders at multiple geographic locations/regions
• Demonstrated ability to work & collaborate effectively with remote teams globally
Preferred additional experiences:
• Experience in EDA software
• Experience with Bitbucket and Jira
• Experience with reliability engineering concepts, tool, and processes
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.