Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
As a hardware board designer, you will be involved in hardware design and development of our next generation of Service/Routing products and support our current generation of products as well. In this role, you will
- You will Participate and contribute to the system hardware design
- You will contribute to hardware specification, design, development and test
- You will Drive product from concept to production.
- Works under department strategy and direction.
- Independently resolves and develops approach to solutions.
- Work closely with software, diagnostics, manufacturing, marketing, EDVT and MDVT test teams throughout the development process.
Who You Are
- A consistent track record of taking a design from concept to production
- Experience in designing with x86 and/or ARM processors
- Experience in designing with DDR3/DDR4 memory, PCIe gen1/gen2, SATA, USB.
- Extensive experience in designing Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps) and serial interfaces like I2C, SPI, UART, RS232, etc
- Experience in high-speed board design/signal integrity and power distribution is critical.
- Experience in using high-speed scopes and logic analyzers
- Experience in schematic capture tools like ConceptHDL
- Experience designing Xilinx or Intel/Altera FPGAs or CPLDs using Verilog
- Self-motivation, teamwork and strong communication skills are critical
- Experience in using circuit simulation tools like hyperlynx, spice is a plus.
At a minimum, we expect you to have a BSEE or MSEE with 6+ years of experience in hardware board design and development.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
Open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.