Senior Hardware Design Engineer- Blade Servers
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Compensation Range144800 USD - 214100 USD
- Lead system design on computing system products
- Bring up systems and execute engineering validation in the lab
- Drive product from concept to production
- Interact with cross-functional teams for technical discussions.
- Address challenging problems and issues
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering + 7 years of experience of system level development preferably in the server/computer/network industry
- Experience in Hardware Designs with x86 architecture
- Experience designing systems with DDR4/DDR5 DIMMs
- Hands on board design knowledge and experience with design tools such as Cadence Concept, Allegro, or similar tool
- Experience with high speed design signal integrity issues, power distribution techniques, and modern processors
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation on products
- Ability to interface with other disciplines, including software, mechanical and signal integrity teams
- Experience with shipping products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Master's degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering+ 4 years of system level development preferably in the server/computer/network industry
- Experience with high-speed (>=10G) networks
- Experience with FPGA design, coding and simulations
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.